Droid IMAP emails always Unread
helementfrog

I have several e-mail accounts on a SmarterMail host.  When I setup the combined inbox for each account using IMAP it always pulls back the messages as unread, even if they have been read.  I can then read each email on the Droid and the unread count goes down, but the next time it does an e-mail pull all messages are returned as unread again.

This is really annoying as it's difficult to distinguish which e-mails are actually unread.  I don't want to use POP as I need the e-mails to keep in sync via the hosted web interface and the Droid.

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: Droid IMAP emails always Unread
cdbrown1977

I have the same issue, however I am using a POP email account.  would love to hear a answer

0 Likes
DroidDoes

Hey,

I am using my hotmail account and facing the same problem.

Whichever email I read on PC, appears unread on Droid and vice versa.

Also, whichever email I delete on my PC stays in my inbox when accessed from Droid.

Please help, its pretty annoying.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I started having this problem just today with POP email accounts - I don't know if something changed but it was working fine until today.

I've done everything I can to figure out how to correct it but it's VERY annoying since I don't know when a new email is there.

0 Likes
egmiley

I have had the same problem with hotmail.  It seems to download about 25 emails initially and they are all marked as unread.  I then mark them as read.  If I delete a message, the next oldest email at the bottom of the list then comes in the next time email is synced and is now shown as unread.  Also when it syncs again it gives the new email notification and icon.  This gives a lot of false notifications. This is with the Incoming Settings> set to Delete email from server in the account settings of the droid.  

If the droid email is not set to delete from server, the inbox seems to act normal (ie old messages are not brought back in after emails are deleted from droid).  Unfortunately then I need to go the my hotmail on a computer and delete messages or mark as read again.

The built in Gmail app works properly.  It would be nice if the POP and IMAP accounts would work correctly as well.

0 Likes
helementfrog

I have the 2.01 update on my phone now, but the e-mail is still broken :smileysad:  

Hope the January update fixes it...

0 Likes
Arius1

I just got a switched from a Eris to a Droid and this is annoying as all get out.  So on OS 1.5 no issues but the newer 2.x they can't seem to make this work????

Glad I'm not alone on this.  I called VZ who got me in touch with Moto Support and they hung up on me 2 minutes after the 10pm CST cutoff.  Moto hung up me not Verizon.

I will be calling back in the morning.

I have to say coming from the Eris the Droid is rather disappointing in some features.  No email signature, browser stinks (thank god for dolphin), keybad doesn't pick up a person name as you type like the Eris.

Droid does have better battery life.

0 Likes