Droid I problem
anon314

Hi, all. I just recently got a Droid I (A855), about 3 days ago, and already I swear this thing has a mind of its own. It's not having the problem of "dead zones" that everyone else's seems to be. It's having the exact opposite problem: it'll sometimes start thinking you are spamming click on a random portion of the screen (usually near the top). This continues on even if I shut down & restart.

I've already tried cleaning the screen, shutdown & restart, made sure nothing was touching the screen, remove & reinsert the battery, and performed a master reset on it... and yet it continues to bug out (please note: this is not a rare occurrence, it happens almost every time I use the thing).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? or is my only option to take it back to the shop and replace it?

0 Likes
Re: Droid I problem
Not applicable

Anon, welcome to the community! Based on your description of your issues, it sounds like you are having a hardware issue with your phone. If this was a software issue, then a master reset would have resolved this. At this point, I would recommend exchanging the device for another one. While the Droid 1 is a great device, I would suggest looking at some of our newer devices. The original Droid was released over 2 years ago, and if you purchased this from an indirect agent (non-VZW corporate store) it is possible this phone may have been used. While newer phones may be a little more expensive, I'm sure you'll enjoy the new technology and design of some of our newer models. Check out all of our smartphones here.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport