Re: Droid Charge, lost contacts.
thripsey

I am very frustrated as I have lost my contacts multiple times and Verizon gives me no answer as to why this keeps happening.  It seems to happen after system updates/downloads that happen automatically.  I have also gotten no assistance from Verizon as to why they won't sync back to my phone from the online backup.  An online backup is useless if you can't get the info to your phone.  I am looking at getting a new phone and going with Sprint service.  My husband has Sprint and they have always been helpful when any issues have arisen (which hasn't been that often).     If you get an answer, let me know!  I will too!

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

use google (gmail) to sync/store your contacts.  they'll appear for you forever (even if you switch phones).

0 Likes
IamKinman

Well, I'm happy to see I'm not the only person with this issue... I noticed all my contacts, with the exception of my Google contacts, are no longer in my phone yesterday. I have tried messing with the display options in the contacts, but the "all contacts" category that used to have 1200 or so contacts now says 0... Whomp whomp. And when I log onto the new "backup assistant plus" online, it doesn't show any of my contacts either...Even though that's how all my numbers got onto this phone in the first place last year.  I'm so frustrated right now.

I will definitely start using my Google contacts from now on, but does anyone know if there is an easy way to transfer contacts from your phone or backup assistant (if I figure that out) to your Google contacts?? I don't want to manually enter over a thousand numbers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@IamKinman

There were a couple of suggestions for how to export your contacts from Backup Assistant or your device and then import them into your Gmail account in this discussion. Try those suggestions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes