Re: Droid Charge...epic fail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boobdole, we don't want to see you go either! We also have many global phones that work well globally and I can attest to that! What problems are you experiencing with your Droid Charge? Are you also eligible to upgrade?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
carguyjb

I understand the limited old single core design. I expect find a new version of this tough phone. I will not settle for the other wimpy class cracking phones. I have yet to see another gorilla glass phone.

HELP PLEASE.

Sir. Drop Alot

0 Likes
Axisofthewheel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto every one of these problems. Wiggly USB slow booting droits contacts freezes burns through battery. Sometimes it just looks at me funny!

0 Likes
RA8

Have faced every problem listed here, so after four units and two years of an expensive contract, just switched to T-Mobile and Verizon wanted to know what they could do to have me back as a customer again. After three Samsung products (DVD player & two phones) that were the worst electronic products I have ever purchased, I am never ever purchasing another Samsung product. Have switched back to no contract unlocked phones (GSM), that don't go obsolete like CDMA junk every two years.

0 Likes
TechSupportMachine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Addressing everything here: VERIZON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR EQUIPMENT. The two year contract is so you can get a dirt cheap phone while paying for the service at the same price you'd pay regardless. Verizon offers tech support services free of charge in addition to those of the manufacturers, AND sends you a replacement prior to requiring the phone (most manufacturers require you to send yours in for repair with no loaner). Your concerns with your phone are legitimate, but are you really blaming your service provider for a phone that was built by a different company? As for your contract, you saved upwards of $400-500 on a $650+ phone, if Verizon let everyone out of their contracts early they'd be out of business inside of a year. Really, really, really can't live with your current phone? Shell out the money for a different one.

etoolz65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sorta agree with you, sorta.  MOST people obviously feel the same as you, otherwise the endless string of complaints and gripes about cell phones, etc, would be filling Verizon's servers, and clogging it to a halt.

Most people deal with the quirks, bugs and errors that happen on a weekly basis to "ALL DEVICE OWNERS", the world over, and usually do just that, 'deal with it'.

Some people though want to find faults wherever they can be heard and have their wants, not always needs, met.  That being said, allow me to rant generally to the gen pop.

I have owned the Droid Charge now for over a year.  Yes it has bugs.  One is the ram is very minuscule than the more robust up to date devices.  The CPU shares GPU properties and it's a single core.  That said, when researching the device I knew that system memory would be an issue as well as CPU/GPU issues involving lagging, halting and complete shut downs of the device.

The device is underpowered, running on an, by todays standards, ancient OS but it has its positive points.

One is it's bulletproof.  I have dropped this thing at least a minimum of a dozen times, to some very serious falls, down several flights of metal steps, battery and door flying one say, phone going end over end until it slammed into the wall and came to a rest.

The screen has one tiny scratch, hardly noticeable.  Not cracked, just scratched, maybe 1/16th of an inch, upper right hand corner, so it's not noticeable usually, if ever.

Speaking of battery, one issue is the camera with flash.  The battery is very small, and if you are down to 50percent or less battery and start snapping pics with flash on, it will totally lock up, the battery being drained totally, cpu/gpu and ram also all being taxed to the "halt" point.

For 20 dollars I always do a battery and door upgrade on all my phones anyways.  This helps in this aspect, and pretty much solves the issue as I'm constantly plugged into either a battery pack or external device keeping a charge as my cellular phone is the most important etool in my daypack.

I would have to say this phone would have a broken screen within the first month of ownership had it not been the little tank it is.  ALSO due to the tiny engine running this thing, an app to keep caches cleansed and cleared is a must.  A game or "radio" sometimes is my only app, up front running, that has the cache untouched.

Even this can tax it to the point of sluggishness after a day or so of constant use.  The hotspot is excellent, data throughput is usually stellar.  I do a restart in am, afternoon and pm, just to keep everything fresh.  This is an excellent device if you haven't gotten one with a hardware or OS issue.

That's easily remedied though, because Verizon has always kept it's part of the agreement and make sure my equipment is running.  The OS might become dated, but that's a manufacturer issue.  Some of these devices hardware means that an OS update would totally lag it down.  This is obvious when doing prebuy research.  It's a very small economy phone in that sense.  It's not actually built for speed, but reliance.  Try to race with it and you might have a few issues.

Dual core and more ram would mean an OS update which would mean longevity, but this phone is basicly a one term phone.  You get a lot of features for productivity and casual use for very cheap.  Mine was free a year ago and with needing a 4g hotspot with HDMI it was the obvious choice.

It can easily be plugged into//docked to a tv and used for everything my tablet//netbook is used for.  Sometimes I use it for that sole purpose.

This isn't in the deluxe line, it's in the cheapo liine.  You get what you pay for and Verizon has it all spec'd out so you know that way in advance.  I am not saying that if you have a defective unit it shouldn't be replaced and you suffer, I'm saying, it's not Verizon's fault that  we were cheapos and thought we'd have more akin to those deluxe devices, such as the notes and Galaxy S-eries.

It's an expensive luxury now to have a contract//service and get to pay over time for your device from a top tier carrier.  If you can't afford that luxury, get an unlocked, 250 dollar note, that's updated and get an all you can use TMob plan!

There are other carriers as you well know, they don't carry that great of devices, but some do, but they are pricey and Verizon like ATT spells out CREDIT. 

PS:  I can literally hook my charge up to a monitor, run it at 1080p res, use a keyboard and mouse, or keyboard w/eraser head cursor combo and use it for everything I use my tablet or laptop for, work, play//entertainment.

To me, that's an awesome device, considering I once paid almost a grand for a Treo with Verizon and it was dialup speeds, and now would be considered a total headache to try to use for what I use my device for.

Have a good one!

dragonfly1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having all kinds of problems with my phone, verizon has had me do several factory resets. You are the first one to suggest a cache cleaner. So thought what the heck can't hurt. So went to google play and download the free one with the most stars. I can not believe the files that needed to be deleted. My phone was working so much better. Thanks.

0 Likes
chirovt

Droid Charge is the worst phone I ever own.  Hard reset won't fix the problem as Verizon Wireless people recommended.  They think everything is great but it's not.  They exchanged my phone twice, but they kept sending me the same phone... and same issue.  It is not applications I have, it is the phone.  I try to make a call. press send, Sometime I wait for 2 mins before it start dialing.  Screen freezes, Battery all of the sudden show 0% and die.  Nothing good about this phone.  I never buy another Samsung again.  I might even thinking of leaving Verizon all together after my contract ends.  I wish Verizon had listen to customers and discontinued Droid Charge and replaced with different phone for free.   

0 Likes
chirovt

How is it working now?  I did hard reset, and cleared my cache.. but same thing start happening after few weeks. 

0 Likes