Re: Droid Charge Resets Factory Settings!!!
kashulee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customer service could not help resolve. They allowed me to sign up for the open enrollment for extended warranty for $2/month. They sent me a replacement under the extended warranty. Check but I believe the open enrollment for various warranties may still be available.

jimbosays
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my 2nd Droid Charge since the first of the year and it exhibits the exact same issues. I am lucky to have a VZW store nearby so now they pretty much know by name when I arrive (overall useless in regard to properly addressing the issue - but still friendly.)

I've felt certain it is a software issue all along . . . And NOW the store personnel are telling me the phone is "so old" that app updates (even for VZW pre-installed apps) are designed for later Android operating systems and are creating the problems.

Their suggested answer ( . . . beside purchasing a new full price unit?) Delete (and deny) any updates to pre-installed apps and use extreme care with use of any other updated Google Play Store apps! This is totally unacceptable for a unit less than two years old and still under contract!

My smart phone is an important business tool that lives at my side 24/7 and not being able to use typical business related apps (Enhanced Mail, Office Suite Pro, Pix Art - Photo, FaceBook, DropBox, The Weather Channel, etc.) is just simply NOT ACCEPTABLE with seven months of contract remaining!

Come on VZW . . . What can you do to take care of your customers who had good faith in your Samsung Droid Charge product and wireless services?

0 Likes
lsass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same software, etc. installed on my phone. It was charging overnight, and reset to something that LOOKS like factory settings. My apps are all displaying, but not on the various screens where I placed them. My "Home" and "Search" keys no longer work. I have to hit the "Back" key to navigate.

About a month ago, all of my contacts disappeared, and I had to figure out how to move my contact from Verizon to my Google account, and then sync only from my Google account. I really don't have time for this.....

Help!