Droid Charge-Created these weird widgets on home screen not my phone dosen't work at all!
gonzot2

I woke up this morning to find that my phone had all of these weird widgets on the home screen that I did not add and the apps I did have on there were gone! Then, when I tried to use my phone to undo it, my phone kept shutting itself off.  I tried leaving it off and then taking out the battery only to find it stuck on that "droid" "glass crashing screen" it won't do anything else.  I had the battery removed for over 30 minutes, tried it again and the same thing! This has been going on since 8 am. Anyone else having an issue this morning?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge-Created these weird widgets on home screen not my phone dosen't work at all!
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

don't think this is related to the new FP5 kernel update.  but it could be a rogue app.

i think there is a way to get in via "safe mode", but I'm not sure.

I do know that you can perform a hard rest by getting into the CWM screen (from the being off) by pressing and holding the volume up, home button, and power button together.  release only the power button once you see the Samsung Logo.  the safe mode might be in there.

hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge-Created these weird widgets on home screen not my phone dosen't work at all!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an odd instance that I am not familiar with, gonzot2!
Did the hard reset http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42407 work for you?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gonzot2

No it did not. I brought it in to a corporate store and they had a new phone shipped to me and that new phone was not functioning properly. I brought that new phone in and they ordered me another one. This new one now seems ok. We shall see.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

0 Likes