Droid Case
SouthSider
Have been using the new Droid since the day it was introduced. The phone is good. Cases are bad. Among the coolest features of the Droid are the navigation and the charging stand that allows you to use it as a bedside clock while you charge it. HOWEVER, the cases that work with the slide-out keyboard do not work with the charging stand. It is very hard to get the phone out of the cases that work with the keyboard--really a good way to destroy your nails. It is true that after a three weeks this gets easier. The little teeth that hold the pone in the case are brittle and wear down or break off fairly quickly. However, after four weeks the teeth had worn down so much that the phone no longer would stay securely in its case. And--guess what--if you try to return the case after four weeks Verizon can't help: no money back, no store credit, no discount on another case. Again, great phone--but let's hope Verizon introduces some new cases that either work with both the charging stand and the GPS stand or allow the phone to be more easily removed from the case.
0 Likes
Re: Droid Case
Thundercat

Hi SouthSider,

I just ordered this for my droid: http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=53283673

I've seen these for iphone & they seem to do a great job. There's also one that just covers the screen.

0 Likes
SFroomkin
Contributor - Level 1

I'd disagree, the ZAGG invisible shield is awful.  It's rubbery to touch for the screen, and scratches easily despite their claims.  I bought 2, both failed quickly.

0 Likes
mikeynavy1

I feel your pain about the cases.  I would like to have the multimedia station but I want a case on my droid.  I have to agree with the last two posts.  I've tried the "rubbery" screen protectors and they just don't work.  They don't feel good when you use the touch screen, and no matter how careful I was, they always had some small permanent bubbles somewhere.  Also, when you looked at the screen at an angle you could see a "texture" almost as if you it was the adhesive underneath or something.  I prefer the "stiffer" static ones, as has been mentioned.  I have one on now and you can only tell it's on if you look extremely close around the earpiece.  I looked at some of the links...the active case looks somewhat decent, although I still don't think it will work with the multimedia station.  I have the bodyglove case only because I tried some generic one off of ebay and it cracked.  Go figure.

0 Likes