Droid Bionic will not turn on (Searched the internet for answers, nothing)
mbonifield04

Currently, my Droid Bionic will not charge/power on. If I plug I connect it to the wall charger, nothing. If I plug it to my computer, nothing. If I bypass the USB port and use a stripped USB cable directly to the battery while it's in the phone, it turns on, but doesn't charge (Let it sit for hours turned off, then pull the cable, and no power). I've done these methods with numerous cables to include the OEM cable/charger and other branded cables/chargers and I get nothing. I can get the white light to come on with any cable and charger if I have the USB cable in slightly, but it doesn't charge or turn on when left for hours. I've tried with numerous batteries both from friends and new, same story....nothing. The only thing to get the phone on is by bypassing the usb port on the phone and directly wiring the usb cable to the battery while in the phone.

Oh and......

For a loooooooong time now, I have been researching the internet searching for answers to my issue....and nothing has worked. The phone is relatively new. bought it in May 2012 and have been experiencing this problem since June 2012. It's December 2012 now, so yea...a long time.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic will not turn on (Searched the internet for answers, nothing)
Gilliganman5

I am having the same issue since last night (although i have not yet tried stripping a USB cable and connecting directly to the battery while in the phone) where the phone will not boot at all with any combination of SIM card, SD card, USB charger/computer, etc.

I did come across one solution online though that you might try. One person said they had the same issue, however it was a bad SD card that was shorting out his battery and instantly draining it (he tried multiple fully charged brand new batteries with same issue).

I would suggest removing the SD card to see if thats the problem. If not then i'd be interested to see if you do find a solution. Mine was buggy ever since the last update and finally died completely last night. I'll be going in for a replacement today.

Hope this helps

Steve

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try pulling the Sim Card for 10 min then re-install it see if that helps if not you might try another Card.! if that doesn't work you may have to get another one.. b33

0 Likes
mbonifield04

Keeping the SIM out for 10 minutes and more did not work.

0 Likes
mbonifield04

I've never put an SD card in the phone.

0 Likes
mbonifield04

If I plug my phone in, all I get is a white notification light.

0 Likes