Droid Bionic takes a long time to respond and many aps tend to stop responding
timjbara

I've had the phone for two years this coming May.  It is driving me crazy.  I click on an icon - and it acts like it didn't know I clicked but if I wait ten seconds or more it finally opens the ap and works.  Additionally various aps such as email, weather.com and others just stop responding and have to be closed - a LOT.  I have the paid version of endomondo and it never works now.  I am thinking I just need to do a factory reset.  If I do I know all aps will have to be reinstalled (and some I won't bother with) but will the phone also have to update to the latest version of android again?  And - I don't know HOW do do a factory reset or even if it will really solve the problem.  Would hate to go through the trouble for nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic takes a long time to respond and many aps tend to stop responding
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try doing a system cache clear; it shouldn't erase any of your data:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

0 Likes