Droid Bionic keyboard issue
deathxbyxzombie

Hey guys! Thanks for the help in advance, I've got this weird issue (Maybe it's just standard?) that I'm not used too where I have to tap the space key twice to get the keyboard to actually recognize I want to hit the space bar! This is only when the phone is sideways in full screen typing mode, not when it's standing straight up. Anyone have any ideas? I'm out thus why I've come here, I've installed the HTC model keyboard, re-calibrated the touch screen, and even disabled the "Insert spaces" option and still it keeps happening (seems like Moto wants you to tap the dictionary words on screen instead of hitting space to be honest, because when I do that it works just fine)

Anyway, I'm coming from the HTC Thunderbolt, where this was not normal at all, so any advice/help/suggestions would be helpful!!! Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic keyboard issue
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U can disable the dictionary words unless u like it. I never had it happen. does it happen even if u shut ur phone off then turn it back on. My dad says if its been in a dock for while or battery low the phone is funky like that. If the phone on all the time u might need to refresh the phone. Sounds like software. Tech would say delete if u pull battery restart etc.
0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic keyboard issue
deathxbyxzombie

Yeah it doesn't matter what app I'm using or anything, and I've pulled the battery multiple times for different reasons since having it and it's still the same problem. I have tried turning all of that off but it seems to still happen. I think it's something to do with the sides of the touch screen not recognizing my input, but then again that would happen on my TB sometimes as well because I'd be trying to type so fast on the phone. I think that's part of my problems, because after tweaking the settings a few times it now seems to work half of the time :manmad: I guess I'll have to tinker some more, I didn't find anyone else on any other forums having this issue, so I may have just received a "lemon" I'll go up to the VZW store on my off days and play with the Bionic in there and see if it does the same thing.

0 Likes