Re: Droid Bionic ICS update????
ljr11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have successfully DOWNLOADED the update multiple times now. But when I go to install it onto my phone, the loading bar gets about 1/4 of the way full and a TRIANGLE with an EXCLAMATION POINT inside shows up next to the Android symbol and the phone just reboots. When it fully reboots, a notice on the screen says: UPDATE STATUS: THE SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED. Since yesterday morning, I have probably done this 15 times.

I have attempted turning my phone off and on, clearing the cache as directed by some of you here and even called Verizon twice. They had me wipe my phone but that didn't work either. Anyone have any other solutions?

0 Likes
xalifenotyoursx

My phone froze while updating the media.. so I too pulled the battery and restarted the phone to ICS.  I can't access my SD card for music or pictures unless I go into the files and its all in there.  Also, I have no ringtones and am unable to set new ones, because every time I try, it doesn't respond.  Looks like I'll be having to call tech support or stop into a Verizon store.  Its complete BS..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would put Astro File Manager on the phone and do a back up of ALL your apps. I would move the Pictures, Movies and Music from the SD Card to your computer (or use a blank SD Card).

Just curious, has your SIM Card ever been replaced? If so did you do a FDR after replacing it?

Do a Factory Data Reset and when it logs back in load ICS. Then install all of your apps, Music, Pictures, etc...

It sounds like your SIM Card had been replaced at some point in time and or you have a ton of pictures, music, video, etc... on your phone and it times out optimizing the data.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would start with the Phone Cache Wipe. If that doesnt work I would follow the steps outlined above (Post 92 this thread). If you call Verizon, they will automatically have you do a FDR

0 Likes
xalifenotyoursx

Actually, I found a work around for the Xoom that worked on my phone.  I cleared the media storage cache, and downloaded the scan media app from the playstore and tadah, all of my SD card is fully accessible now.  Something happened when it was updating the media during the install process. 

Here's the link I found: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cf07acdc3a

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

My updating of the Media Database during the ICS 4.0.4 upgrade from

gingerbread took well over six hours. I did have 1300 mp3s and very little

room left on my internal drive. (ICS had a warning message that I was

running low on space after the upgrade had completed). I have since moved

all my media to the seperate SDCard.

I love the update and the 4GLTE connectivity I had been missing all this

time 😃

Cheers

PS Don't pull your battery if at all possible during the upgrade or update

processes.

Brian

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM, xalifenotyoursx <

0 Likes
viro

I'm getting this same issue. Have you had any luck working it out?

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

Yes, I had to let it just run to completion. for me 6+ hours of updating

media database, Due to either 1300 mp3s i had or low disk space on internal

(not sd) drive.

Love it now 😃

Brian

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

>Rooting comments deleted to comply with the VZW ToS<

That's what I had to do after several failures at installing ICS, and doing that allowed ICS to install.

Send me a PM if you need help doing what I'm suggesting...probably can't discuss that kind of thing in a Verizon forum.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are correct. I was not sure if you could download the app while stuck in that mode though. But that is a viable workaround to the issue as well.

0 Likes