Re: Droid Bionic ICS update????
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Took roughly 10 minutes to install this mornings.  Thus far...NO 4G DATA LOSS...Yippee!!    Yup, solid 4G once again after 6 months of 4G issues.

So much faster too!

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

I left mine at home after my Search for updates took 45 minutes to download

and 2.5 hours of 'Updating Media Database' during the Updating Android

cycle.

I am seeing some people say theirs took 10 minutes, so not sure what is

going on.

I am hopong Google isn't stealing all my .mp3 files to place on some cloud.

Brian In Baltimore

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Davesadoasisbar <

0 Likes
Valenz

Mine was stuck at 70% when I woke up this morning and after a couple of restarts all is well. Really loving ICS interface.

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

Cool - I hope mine is done when I get home or at least have a percentage

line giving me an idea of how much is left 😃

0 Likes
Davesadoasisbar

Ok not sure how this forum works so instead of an edit in earlier reply I am just updating here.

Had to call verizon help desk.  Extremely nice.  Took about an hr to get through everything as the phone didn't want to respond to all the steps.

Had to wipe the entire phone clean.  I couldn't get into my texts to screen shot them or send them to email so I lost all them and any associated pictures.  Very unhappy that an update they push could cause that issue.

Also, pulled up my wifes stored work number that I call everyday and called her, its not her correct number, its from yrs gone by so Im not sure whats up with that.

Time will tell for everything else I just don't have the time to mess with it.

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

Sorry this happened to you. Like laptops we can't go pulling

a battery during an operating system update without the potential for

corrupting the opeating system.

These are just like mini laptops or desktops that always warn us not to

shut off the computer while the update is in progress - but without the

actual warning mesaage or indicator telling us the update is progressing

properly. Without that indicator or warning message displayed when it

appears to be frozen, how would we otherwise know.

By sharing you saved me from the same potential problem and I hope you find

the update worth it later. Getting consistent 4gLTE again will be nice.

B

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Davesadoasisbar <

0 Likes
gamergirl80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had nothing but problems trying to get it to download (6 hours later it did finally download) but now, as pretty as it looks, i have "no service"--literally.. At least thats what the screen is telling me.    So once again it looks like i will spend the afternoon on the phone with verizon.  Lesson learned so far-- Never buy motorola again!

cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my update in Greenville, SC today.  However, used my 60 Mbps home WIFI.  Figured a 300MB+ download and flakey 4G wasn't a good combo.  Downloaded in half hour, installed in about 10 to 15 minutes.  Took maybe 5 minutes for the media database thing - 10 gigs in songs and couple hundred pictures.  No issues since.  My phone is rooted as of a couple days ago - got rid of the BS Verizon system software like Ringtones and stuff like Citrix, Kindle, other junk I don't need.  Update didn't re-apply them which is nice.  So far, 4G has been solid all day, none of the aggravating no data connectivity every couple minutes that started back in June.  Fingers crossed....   Just tried facebook again, still works with 4G.

Chuck

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Google is not stealing your files. The very first thing ICS does once installed is optimize your system. It optimizes ALL Video Files, MP3's, Photo's etc... to work better with ICS. If you have a lot of these it will take longer for the update to go through and complete.

for those of you that have NOT received it yet. Copy your Photos, videos, music to your computer and remove them from your SD Card and phone. Reinstall them after the update, or if you have a spare SD card put that in before you update. It will go a lot faster.

B33
Legend

Hey Jake that is a Great suggestion you need to be working for Verizon