Re: Droid Bionic ICS update????
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I saw that the other day.  I hate to be a cynic, but as long as it took ICS to be rolled out, I figure everyone will have upgraded to something else by the time JB comes around.

0 Likes
innocent933

I feel the same way.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From reading various forums, I sometimes think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't had issues with their Bionic.  I have occasional data drops, but nothing like what others report.  Guess I've been lucky.

0 Likes
greensleeves
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Bionic on the day it was released. Sure, I'm looking forward to the ICS update, but why would I ever buy another motorola after the debacle which has been the last several months? And why would I really care about getting the update now? There are so many better options which are practically free for most bionic owners, as most have to be at or near their upgrade. For all I know, motorola did their best but VZW wouldn't cooperate. Maybe it was the other way around. Either way it reflects badly on both. So instead of groveling for big red/moto's update leftovers, I'm switching. Next phone will be WP8.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tik yours is doing just like mine Running smooth with just a few babbles on the side and i Actually fixed in a Way the issue doing Voice searches with the Home browser i said to hell with it and Downloaded the Chrome browser and like a clean pair of shorts everything is Happy Again I know i humorous i can't be in any other Way..

And one other thing Linking with my computer it was breeze)  Like adding or deleting a new Tab it happens in mere seconds.. monte cool..

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Bionic was released in Sept 2011. So even if you got one right when it came out you'd still be 7 months away from an upgrade. Also if your switching phones I'm sure you could give or sell your phone to someone. Might be easier to do if it already had ICS installed.

Also if you're looking  for WP8 on Verizon you may be out of luck.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-May-Block-Delay-New-Windows-Phones-121715

a tip from an insider source that tells me Windows Phone 8 could be delayed or could even be canceled. According to the source this is due to the fact that Windows Phone 8 software will not allow Verizon proper device management. Verizon phones are required to to be able to be accessed remotely for provisioning purposes and such. Apparently WP8 phones do not meet that requirement so Verizon can not use any WP8 phones in it's current state.

This matter is so serious that if this remote access is not granted the devices can enter a state, albeit rare, that they stop responding to certain systems on the Verizon network. Also according to my source that Microsoft and Verizon are in discussions about getting waivers so this issue can be fixed. However from what I am told Microsoft seems unwilling to give any waivers on this issue.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Yes the Bionic with ICS. All legit and warranty still in tact. Skyfire works great with it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

But i wonder if my Maxx would run un-stable at times Jake after i would download Flash..  as i heard it's not supposed to be supported.. But if works i Guess i'm Game.. because other wise there are things that will not work with out it,,, b

0 Likes
BrianInBMore

Waiting for ICS here in Maryland; System Update still saying Check for update not available at this time. Try again later.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that the updates are issued in waves, so it can take days (sometimes even weeks) for everyone to receive the update.

0 Likes