Re: Droid Bionic 4.0.4 Update
jnuttengr

No response yet from Verizon/motorola.

0 Likes
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who did you yell at about it at Verizon or Motorola? They HAVE to know people are struggling with this update.

What I really would like to know is...do they test these updates on phones that have been through everyday wear and tear before releasing them? It really doesn't seem like it.

Is anyone else unable to view their contacts? I know they've loaded, but I can't see a single one of them. I know they're there because the names show up in my text threads (when it manages to open my messaging).

0 Likes
jnuttengr

Tried to contact customer service. they just have not responded yet.

My contacts are still there.  it is my texts that have gone M.I.A.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is recommended after an OS update that the phone cache be cleared; have you tried that?  If you need instructions, they are toward the bottom of this thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/782614?start=60&tstart=0

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Hello to all the Bionic folks and Welcome to ICS.

I am a Razr Maxx user who went through the ICS growing pains during the summer.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel and it is NOT a train.

Just a few things that we learned in the Razr forums.

Do a soft reset or even a hard reset. DO NOT let ICS auto reload any apps. After the reset, clear all the caches out.

Now you can try loading your apps - one at a time. Remember, your apps were written for GB, NOT ICS and some of them will not play well with ICS. If you let the autoreload, they get the same old GB settings back and those settings are no good to ICS. That's one reason your phone is slow, it's trying to follow a roadmap that's out of date. Some apps that you have for battery saving will actually not be needed anymore and will use more power than they save.

FACEBOOK, even if you do not use it, it is drawing down your battery. Dump it, it's doing something in the background even if you don't have a FB account. I don't have one and when I dumped it, my battery life increased by 8%. Use the battery in SETTINGS to monitor your apps. It will help you see where the power is going and help you adjust.

Use the Power Bar widget. It is your friend. Use Smart Actions. I easily doubled the battery life of my Razr Maxx with just a little judicious power monitoring. People I know a regular Razr who used to recharge before the day was out, now go the whole day.

It won't be long and some of you will get warnings about data limits being reached. Don't panic. There is a setting DATA USAGE that defaults to a low value. Turn it on and long press to set the limits wherever you want. Those who have data caps, will appreciate the limit settings, it allows you to get a heads up when you are about to have to take out a loan to pay the phone bill.

The best thing to do with hotmail - get rid of it. Not an option? Then completely uninstall it, clear the cache, and start from scratch. A pain in the butt but it will pay off in the long run.

Above all else. SHARE your success stories as well as your issues. Once our forum got over the hurdle and started sharing, things got better faster for everyone.

One last thing, if you see B33 respond to something in here, it's a good idea to read it even if you don't have the issue being addressed.

Good luck and rejoice in ICS.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks so much for your post!

0 Likes
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU!!! It's so frustrating but I'm trying to keep the faith! Smiley Happy

It really is a beautiful upgrade...when it works properly.

0 Likes
jnuttengr

Factory Resest and it works beautifully.  Fast and nice.  just lost everything in the process.

0 Likes
cmbcrz

Good stuff, thanks!

0 Likes