Re: Droid Battery not Charging when on charger
troyf650

I too am having a problem with the charging port on my Incredible 2 phone  which just started. There is no guarantee that my phone will be charged in the morning and I can't be without a phone. I have no other phone to fall back on and I am moving in a couple of weeks so sending it out is out of the question. It seems that this is a known problem with this phone and Verizon should cover it warranty or not. I have an extended warranty but that leaves me without a phone for a couple of weeks. An exception should be made if people are having issues with their phone and allow us to upgrade. I can't wait 6 months for an upgrade.

0 Likes
BigJoeR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the repair being done for free if it is past the warranty?  No method of rigging my charger allows my phone to charge at all.  They admit it is a defect yet if you have had your phone for a day over 12 months, you are forced to wait weeks to have your phone sent out, fixed and returned versus having your phone replaced.  A company admits a defect and this is the customer service provided?  Just amazing...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you are past the warranty period, I would imagine there would be some sort of fee for the repair.

0 Likes
BigJoeR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just thought with an admitted defect, that they might provide a free fix to those phones that hung on a little longer than the warranty period.  Bad enough I am going to have to pay to ship it and be without a phone for several weeks.  When I pay that much money for a phone, I expect it to last at least as long as the contract (2 yrs) with normal use.

Alleyvalley

I am having the same problem with my phone.  According to the representative at the local Verizon store , I am just out of warranty and cannot upgrade until April.  If the phone does actually charge it will not hold the charge for very long at all.  I took it off the charger this morning and it went yellow, before I got to work it was red (I live approximately 20 minutes away).  I currently have the phone plugged up and it shows it charging 49% (it has been plugged up since 7 AM).  My concern is when I do not have access to plug the phone in and need to be able to use it.  I feel that with the cost of cell phone service something should be done about this issue.  If nothing else a comparable loaner phone until you are eligible for an upgrade.

0 Likes
Ericthatank

My girlfriend had this same exact problem so we went to Verizon to get the phone replaced. They said we had to call Asurion because they handle all of their replacement sort of things now. Well she received her replacement Droid Incredible 2 yesterday. Last night she went to charge it and nothing. The light was on showing it was charging, but the battery drained right in front of her. She has 3 batteries for this exact device and about 5 chargers. None are charging but the chargers work on other cell phones. I find it pretty pathetic I had to pay $99 to replace a device that would charge if you played with the cord to get another device that will not charge at all.

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should I pay good money for something that should work for the durration of the contract?  You sound like you work for Verizion. 

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

now after finding my own battery and external charger solution with NO help from Verizon my phone no longer accesses towers or mobile connections when using the SMALL battery... only the large battery allows the actual Phone or mobile services to work.  YOU CANT TELL ME THAT THIS IS NOT SOMETHING BEING DONE BY VERIZION or BY someone who wants me to give up my grandfathered unlimited DATA or BUY an IPHONE!!!  I'll find YET another way around the BS! 

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

by a replacement extended battery and external charger on Amazon or ebay.. (about 10 bucks).. you'll have to charge with the battery outside the phone, but it works.. .beware of the possible next problem which will be no phone or Data service ( wifi will work fine)...

good luck, and dont thank Verizon, I just another mad customer!

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not acceptable..... i'm not paying for anything!

0 Likes