Re: Droid Battery not Charging when on charger
salval

i had my Incredible droid 2 for just under a yr then the phone stopped chrging.  battery was swapped out but later discovered tht it was the phone.  the phone was then swapped out for a new phone...well, at least new to me...it was a refurbished or rather certified like new phone...yeah right.  less than 6mos later, the same exact issue.  so i decided to get a new phone. i paid for saturday delivery thru fedex...and still nothing...please dont tell me verizon is going down hill, been with them for it seems like forever. i am still currently without a phone   😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cheezy!

Equipment insurance gives you piece of mind, while also allowing you to get a replacement phone at a lower cost in case anything happens to your device. Please use this link to review all of the details about insurance and extended warranties. There is also a "Frequently Asked Questions" section for you. Thanks very much!

http://bit.ly/H6RkAT

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Carrera935

I have a Desktop Phone Dock with a place for a second battery (which, is the greatest thing since Oxygen).  There have been probably a half dozen times over the past year when I have placed the second battery for my Samsung Charge in the dock to recharge and have come back several hours later and the light is still red and when the batteries were changed out the phone it showed the same discharged condition as when I put it in the dock.  Very Frustrating!  However, since this is an inconsistent event I am inclined to think it is either within the manufacturing of the dock of the contacts of either or both the dock or battery are getting dirty.  This would be the best scenario since the remedy would simply be to take a Q-Tip or cotton ball and clean them with alcohol (no, not like scotch), making sure no fibers from the cotton ball or Q-Tip were left on the contacts.  Unfortunately, I haven't done this as of yet but hope to get to it this weekend.  It would still take some time to know if it is the cure as at least in my situation it is an intermittent problem.

0 Likes
Ash5

I am now experiencing the same issues with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. My phone will not charge while turned on and on the charger. So I had to basically get use to turning my phone off at night when I went to bed when I have been using my phone as an alarm clock. Then I took it to the verizon store and the guy there half listened to me and was more concerned about getting rid of my boy friends unlimited data plan then my phone and the other guy with him was joking around a lot. They didnt seem to much into there job they just seemed like they were kids seriously and then the guy told me that it was my charger so if it is my charger then wth does it charge when turned off please explain this to me. Also from reading all this stuff on how the phone is usually the problem makes me believe that it is my phone but he was like "I really dont think its your phone and also I wouldnt want you to have to put all the stuff back on the phone that is just a pain" Uhm I dont care if its a pain if I can actually leave my phone on when I go to bed. I am thinking about trying another verizon store tomorrow and seeing if they can tell me something different.

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing is currently happening to me.  The phone is however, 1.5 months past the warranty, and now I am stuck without a working phone, a manufacturer defect or software malfunction, and the option to upgrade for 349.00 or 210.00 to buy out of my contract.  I have another exact phone, and it charges my battery just fine.  I would have hoped the customer service from Verizon and HTC would have been at the least bit responsible for a product that is not intended to last with proper use for the entire term of the contract. 

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

For something like a manufacturer defect, it should be on Verizon or the Manufacturer to replace the product.  Bad customer representation and satisfaction on Verizon's part.

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing is currently happening to me.  The phone is however, 1.5 months past the warranty, and now I am stuck without a working phone, a manufacturer defect or software malfunction, and the option to upgrade for 349.00 or 210.00 to buy out of my contract.  I have another exact phone, and it charges my battery just fine.  I would have hoped the customer service from Verizon and HTC would have been at the least bit responsible for a product that is not intended to last with proper use for the entire term of the contract. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There appears to be a defect within the charging port which is covered under the warranty. HTC is allowing us to replace the phone.
If you are outside of the warranty, you can send the phone to HTC for repair. In the meantime, you can activate a different phone on the line.  HTC can be reached at 866-449-8358 or www.htc.com

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently I cant reach anyone at Verizon, because my phone is not getting service.  I checked , bill is paid in full (as always) phone not getting any signal but wifi.  Sheesh... now what do I do.. wait 2 weeks for an answer to that one?

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh, and BTW, I bought an EXTERNAL charger and an extended battery so I would not have to live without a cell for a month while I wait and use my old ancient flip phone while I wait a million years for a repair

0 Likes