Droid = 5 lockups and reboots in 2 hours
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got my droid less than 2 hours ago and it has locked up and rebooted 5 times already. **bleep**  I haven't installed any applications or added any media.  It also seems like things are getting selected on the screen without me touching it.  What to do?

0 Likes
Re: Droid = 5 lockups and reboots in 2 hours
Laytimator

I'd take it into the store.

0 Likes
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried pulling the battery and I am letting it charge now.  If it happens again then I am taking it into the store.  Will they exchange it in the store if I ordered it online?

0 Likes
jrdante
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let it charge fully.....Mine rebooted when the batt was very low.  If it continues to have problems.  Return it to the store.  They will replace the device..... doesn't matter where you bought it from. (providing you bought it online from Verizon Wireless)

0 Likes
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup I bought it online from Verizon.

0 Likes
jrdante
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it's still giving you the reboot problem....return it for a new one....you have 30 days, with no charge to you as long as you stay with the same device.  Any Verizon will take it back.

0 Likes
callmemarc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I hooked it up to my PC to let it charge and decided to transfer some music and pictures over at the same time.  It rebooted 3 times while doing this......  Now I have it plugged into the wall and will let it charge fully.

0 Likes
jrdante
Enthusiast - Level 3

Use the wall outlet like your doing.....My battery was in the red....I was charging it on a car charger and talking on it with bluetooth headset.  It just shut down and would not come back.  USB chargers and vehicle chargers do not have the same voltage as wall outlet chargers.  Get a full charge and put it through some tests.  Let me know how it works out for you.

0 Likes
amitjusc

Been using my DROID heavily since Friday at 4PM when I picked it up from the store and have had zero lockups/crashes.  Hooked it up to my PC, made phone calls, installed and used 10 apps, etc.  I say return it and get a new one at the store.  That boy ain't right, and there will always be bad apples during the manufacturing process.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Some android users over on the Sprint side noted that "formatting the SD card and doing a reset cleaned up some crashes.. I've never had to do that, but since alot of data is cache to the SD card, maybe the Droids have a bad batch of SD cards... makes sense, right? x-fingers!

To many parts that could cause the issues... would really stink if a bunch of bad SD cards were causing users to bring the Droid back as junk.

0 Likes