Re: Droid 3 powers itself on
1611kjb

What is the status on this issue? I have now spoken with 23 Droid 3 users, 11 of them have the problem, so finding the problem shouldn't be hard. It is not internittent, it happens on every power off. It happenes exactly once. Power off, it powers back on, power off a second time and it stays off until restarted and then the problem recurs. Resetting the phone does nothing. Neither here on the Verizon forums, nor on the Moto forums or any other blog or community reporting on the phone has resetting the phone *EVER* solved the problem. No user has reported *any* success on any forum. The problem has been reported as far back as February 2011 and still exists in November 2011. Certainly there should be an answer by now.

0 Likes
Code3VW

We warranty exchanged our Droid 3 that was turning itself on after being powered off, and intermittently locking up.

We have had the new phone for about two weeks, and it is still powering itself on when off, but it has not yet locked up. 

This is very disappointing.

0 Likes
plushpandora

Curious to hear more about the comment on the D3 powering "off". I am having that same problem and can find no logical reason for this!!  I will pick up my phone and it will b as if no battery is even in it.  I am forced to re install the battery sometimes several times a day.  Also phone will change my wallpaper on its own and move my apps from page to page.  ???  I think Droid is becoming "self aware"  as other person had mentioned.  Verizon has given me a different Droid 3 to try and see if same thing happens.  Still love to hear if this has happened to anyone else.  

0 Likes
Jeaninlvnv

Have had Droid 3 for 1 mo - it also frequently powers up when I turn it off. Any solution on this?

0 Likes
Jeaninlvnv

Factory reset did not solve problem with new Droid 3 (3 wks old) turning itself on almost every day.  Any more solutions out there???

0 Likes
Leland

My R2D2 does the same thing. The only way around it seems to be pulling the battery after it shuts down and before it turns back on.

NOT a solution Verizon.

0 Likes
JW-Droid2Glbl

I have a Driod2 Global that does the same thing.  Erasing everything and resetting is NOT AN OPTION!!!  (You must be a Microsoft Windows user too)

0 Likes
tiptie

I just found this topic on the forum.  My wife and I both have Droid 2 Globals and mine will power back on about 50% of the time.  This has been happening since the Gingerbread upgrade. My wife's Droid 2 Global does not have this problem.  As others have said, it is random.  I will have it sitting on the counter and it will power up after a few minutes after a power down.  I thought I was alone until I Googled this problem and found many others with the same problem.

I have tried all the so-called fixes but none work.   Very frustrated with Gingerbread for breaking my phone.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your posts and replies.

Hello Leland,

I know what an inconvenience it is to experience difficulties with your device. I recommend  you to perform a hard reset on your device following these steps:

1. From Menu go to Settings.
  2. Select Privacy.
  3. Select Factory Data Reset.
  4. Select Reset Phone.
  5. Select Erase Everything.

I suggest you back up your information prior to performing the hard reset so your information won't be lost. Keep us posted how this works for you. Have a great day!

0 Likes
tiptie

Daisy...............I have seen other forums where this reset does not solve the problem.  So, please tell me that you have seen this particular problem and you know that a reset will fix this

We do not want to go to all this trouble if you are only guessing that this "might" help.

0 Likes