Re: Droid 3 Automatically Restarts
andyswilliams

i have had the same problem, but i found out on my own that it was the wifi. i always blamed it on the planes cause i live on a base

0 Likes
out4hike

my D2 got replaced in august b/c of a floating foam piece coming up from the bottom of the screen, they sent me another D2 which worked fine until last week when it started not picking up GPS, and restarting itself. The customer service sent me a D3 which was good for 24 hours, and then went into a restart loop. Cust Svc blamed the problem on my software, and had me do a factory reset. Within 24 hours of the factory reset, it went into an endless restart loop.  When I went to the local store, the sales guy said "i thought we resolved this issue with the D2" and that he never saw this issue with the D3. He hooked me up with a D1 to borrow until my D3 gets to me.

Today I got another D3 from fedex. Tomorrow the back cover and battery arrive.

Hey Verizon Employee > what info you got for us today ? 

0 Likes
morfi

Why in the world is the problem tagged as solved and the solution it points to says they're working on a solution? It's now Nov. 2011 and my phone is still acting up at times. It takes two power offs to turn off for good. Not a good situation.

0 Likes
ctgirl91

So where's the solution???? :womanmad:

0 Likes
charris3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  have started having the same problem with my droid 3 is there a solution to this problem yet?

0 Likes
Heaven

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of turning my phone off and taking the battery out at night.  My cell phone is the only phone I have.  I've had my Droid 3 for about a month now and it restarts itself all the time.  Very frustrating when I am trying to make a phone call or text someone. 

I have had other droid based phones that have done the same thing.  Even during a call! 

VZW - When do you think you will have a solution???

0 Likes
Mslizzypoo

My D3 also randomly shuts down and restarts itself as many others have described...It randomly opens programs while on charge, stops my alarm, won't allow me to use during charge or it freezes...Ridiculos that I spent 200 on {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
MTWiley

I'm equally upset that I spent $200 on the Droid 3 after having a Droid 1 that I loved only to get this {word filter avoidance}
.   When I called customer service and spoke w/ their loyalty department I was offered phones that were cheaper than the Droid 3 as a replacement, and when I offered to pay the different for a more expensive phone was told that I'd have to purchase any other phone for the full retail value.   Needless to say I'm less than pleased that I had to spend not only the original $200 on this {word filter avoidance}
but another $600+ on a different phone that would actually meet my needs so that I could get my job done and actually be on call 24/7 like my job requirements state.   I'm just lucky that I haven't had an issue happen while my phone was rebooting, but I can't keep playing with fire and was forced to bite the $600 bullet and recoupe some of what I paid for the Droid 3 by selling it to Gazelle.com which buys used electronics.

0 Likes
Delro78
Add another droid that suffers the same restarting problem. Except mine is the droid 2. I've tried some ofthe suggested fixes and no help. I loved this phone at the beginning but this is now really annoying. I don't think a Motorolawill be on my list when it's time for an upgrade. I think I'll just deal with it until I'm eligible for an upgrade. If this is an android thing, I might be crossing the street and pick up an iPhone which at first I thought I'd never say. Those don't seem to have this issue.
0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Mslizzypoo,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Droid 3 restarting on its own and randomly opening programs while being charged. 

I do show that the random restarting of the device has been identified as a known issue and we are working diligently to resolve. This issue will be addressed the next maintenance release. I do not have a date when it is being released, but I expect it to be soon. 

I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this as soon as possible.

0 Likes