Re: Droid 3 Automatically Restarts
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

em2ner wrote:

Personally, I think we should get some sort of compensation for this. After all we didn't pay $200 for a new phone plus $100 a month for a faulty device. Granted most new devices aren't perfect, but the service providing updates seems to be lacking effort. I have also had this problem with my DROID 3 restarting whenever Wi-Fi is enabled.

What kind of compensation? Verizon service appears to be working... oh did you mean from Motorola? sure give them a call, see what happens.

btw you pay $100 for service, whatever device you get it on is already paid for. The $200 is a subsidized rate, full retail is like $500.. sounds like a nagging problem, but not one to whine about $4 in credits...

0 Likes
bobcox1
To: EdW and VZW support team: I've had my droidi3 for about a month, and it restarts several times a day. Even within a minute of shutting it down. My job requires my phone be off most of the time and the restarts create problems during my work time. I'm wondering if it has to do with data drops. Has a solution to this problem been found? Plz advise - thx, bobcox
0 Likes
PBG59

So it's been a month since you posted that you are working on it. I just bought mine a week ago and it does the same thing! What have you done to fix this???

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

My wife and I both have Droid 3 devices.  She has had the problem with the random restarts, however, I did not.  We both also experienced our devices getting a bit warm, especially when the WiFi was enabled.  I installed the latest software update for the Droid 3 that was released last week on both of our D3s.  She has not had a problem with the restarts since the update and the over heating problem is gone too.  I just thought I would pass this info along. 

Doc

0 Likes
PBG59

where did you find the update?

0 Likes
kafkaesque

I've gotten so used to the D3 turning itself back on (in business meetings no less, so embarrassing!) that I've given up turning it off and have been silencing the sound instead.  I'll have to check to see if the update fixed this issue.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

bobcox1 wrote:
To: EdW and VZW support team: I've had my droidi3 for about a month, and it restarts several times a day. Even within a minute of shutting it down. My job requires my phone be off most of the time and the restarts create problems during my work time. I'm wondering if it has to do with data drops. Has a solution to this problem been found? Plz advise - thx, bobcox

Thanks for posting bobcox1, and thank you for being patient!

This has been lifted up to our Product Support Team and to the manufacturer.  They are aware of this issue and have advised it will be addressed with the next software release, however, I do not have a date as to when it will be released.  Rest assure they are working diligently to provide this fix as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Jailer

How will we know when the fix is done. I turned mine off at night and it restarted only for me to find a dead battery.

0 Likes
njfiddler

How exactly will we be informed of any updates to this issue? About 1/2 the time, my Droid 3 restarts itself at some point in the night, after I've shut it down.

0 Likes
zobes55

My Droid has been starting and restarting itself. Lately when I power it off I have to take the battery out and put it back in to get the device to start again.

0 Likes