Re: Droid 3 Automatically Restarts
mallrats

I have been suffering this same problem since I got my Droid 3 (which I otherwise love). I considered it a good day when I could count the number of reboots during a day on one hand. It happened more frequently when being plugged in, opening or using Camera/Camcorder, or having just turned off or on the screen. Just last week my original one died (stayed on the Motorola screen indefinitely) so they sent me a replacement. This new one does the same thing! I noticed that the battery will get hotter than is typical of other rechargeable devices when charging and it also seems to be overly warm when these spontaneous reboots occur many times. I will be calling in again tomorrow for a battery replacement to hopefully correct this problem. I will update with the results.

0 Likes
reality1o1
Enthusiast - Level 1

had about 9 replacement of this phone due to same problems, it's never ending... motorola doesn't care and verizon doesn't care.. they blame each other and their new course is to attempt to use logic and comparison to explain it all as normal. shame on them for selling garbage and defending it.

It doesn't matter how many you send  a replacement because they are still garbage and wasting everyone's time and money, do the right thing, stop selling garbage and or fix a broken system that allows for this... or do not participate in a system that involves taking garbage and painting it gold then selling it to customers that trust you....shame on everything that has led to this and shame on verizon for ever attempting to blame it on users.....

Droid 3 is not the only phone that does this, it's a pattern with all verizon smart phones, YES all of them... what ever the problem is it is not the customers fault for having faith in verizon and believing they would eventually fix it...

They really should be sued.

0 Likes
fn1003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems like this is still an ongoing issue with the droid 3 this phone is a nightmare, it has got worse since the last update the phone did that supposedly was making the camera better. The camera is worse and my phone has a mind of its own. It takes forever to make a call and when the it does the screen goes black, The camera freezes up the phone or takes a picture then doesn't save it and exits the camera mode function. The other day the phone was going by itself to different pages,I would also turn the sound off and it would turn back on. It is so slow now it seems like it was a deliberate maneuver to make you not want this phone anymore. It restarts all by itself and it also changes my wallpaper all the time, The thing that worries me is my husbands was doing this and now his does not work at all, it just keeps rebooting, the battery shows a question mark on it and will not charge on his Droid 3. the battery is a good one as it works fine on my droid 3.Of course we have not received much help from customer support with his phone and cannot upgrade until March 2013 at the earliest unless he wants to get a lower grade phone than the one he has but would be stuck with it for over 2 years.Or he could purchase another refurbished  phone for $299. We thought they were insured as we were told that we had to have the insurance but then not told that we had to confirm it after 30 days or it would be cancelled (Thanks)... We are really thinking about leaving Verizon as it seems they do not want to help the customer and with all the reading up  on this issue this has been and still is an ongoing issue with these phones.....  My friend has this phone too and hers is doing the same thing,grrrrr ( I recommended it to her) Hoping someone has some answers....

0 Likes
paminaz

New to the forum and noticed everyone 'barkin' about the reboots. Wow didn't know my problem was a broad spectrum problem. My phone reboots when NOT on wi-fi also. Mine does it mulitiple times a day. I do not shut down my phone over night so I don't know if mine Re-boots from OFF. Mine also has "half locked up" so that I could Not shut it off...I had to pop the battery.

I am "jones'n" to get a new phone in April. I was beginning to wonder if there was something I could do under warranty but obviously it woudl NOT do any good. My daughter's Droid 2 does similiar actions.

No lemon laws for Cell phones eh? Hmmm....Really? Let's check.

0 Likes