Droid 2 warranty exchange question
uz_007

Today I returned my droid 2 today after receiving a CLNR, but I have a question about the blemish policy. (I have the 6.99 insurance policy, and extended warranty if that changes anything.) I've been reading some articles about a 299$ blemish fee on phones if there is more than 2 blemishes. On the phone I returned, I had a gash on the top right of the phone from asphalt, and was wondering if that would be grounds to be charged the fee? Is the fee only assessed if the blemish is the cause of the malfunction? (My phone would freeze up multiple times a day...)

Thanks so much for any help calming my nerves about getting a BIG bill. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid 2 warranty exchange question
bearone21
Legend
" I had a gash on the top right of the phone from asphalt".

it could be grounds to deny the claim.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
scottshad
I have one question, how would your malfunction cause the gash on your phone?

0 Likes
uz_007

I don't think I said that. I only asked if the fee was applied if the blemish was the CAUSE of the malfunction.

0 Likes
scottshad
I been with verizon before they were verizon, I don't think you need to worry about it, you have the insurance and the extended warranty I do believe they will use that to make up any difference for the blemish...go enjoy your new phone. and have wonderful weekend!
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
" I had a gash on the top right of the phone from asphalt".

it could be grounds to deny the claim.
0 Likes
scottshad
yes it could be BUT he has insurance and insurance covers those kinds of mishaps like dropping the phone in urinal.
0 Likes
uz_007

The extended warranty is seperate from the insurance. The insurance is processed through asurion, while the extended warranty is processed through verizon. I sent it to verizon as a manufacturers warranty issue, and they have the blemish policy. I've talked to a rep, and theyre going to send me my old phone back so I can take it to the store and have them assess it to see if the fee would be charged.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

uz_007 wrote:

The extended warranty is seperate from the insurance. The insurance is processed through asurion, while the extended warranty is processed through verizon. I sent it to verizon as a manufacturers warranty issue, and they have the blemish policy. I've talked to a rep, and theyre going to send me my old phone back so I can take it to the store and have them assess it to see if the fee would be charged.

Good idea to take it to Verizon first. Usually when doing a warranty claim, ANY type of gash or anything like that will cause the fee to be charged. There's no way for them to tell if the gash causes your internal problems, therefor they charge for any physical or water damage

0 Likes
uz_007

Thanks Vereyezuhn, when I took it to the store the first time, he just had me perform a factory reset, and the second time, they didnt even take the phone from me; they just straight off ordered the phone without even inspecting it... I opened a ticket on friday to have them return my old phone and I can send back the CLNR phone so i'm not charged the fee. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
layla09

I would just send the phone to Ausrion, if the Verzion gets the phone and denys warranty coverage you are screwed. Verzion store assoicates aren't technicians and even thou they feel it will be covered sometimes is not. Send to Asurion you will have to pay your decutable but that is way better then paying the full replacement costs.  You don't get a sceond chance with Verzion if they deny the claim and sent you a new phone then you will be screwed. They operate completely seperate.

0 Likes