Re: Droid 2, random restart when unlocking.
infiltwb

the problem is with blur. never had a single random reboot issue on my d1. d2 has been complete garbage since rollout and 99% of the problems begin with Blur.

Vanilla android ftw.

0 Likes
Not applicable

@real4life  I can certainly understand going through 4 phones can be very frustrating.  I want to stress that all of us at Verizon Wireless do care about our customers and the mobile experiences they have with our products and network.  Can you PM your mobile number and I can see what other options we have? Thank You.

0 Likes
DaarkOne

have experienced this problem and am now on my third phone. It seems like almost all of the D2G phones have this issue at some point or another. Really wish they could get this fixed, getting so it is worse than issues with Microsoft Windows.

0 Likes
dudasd
Seeing the same issue as well as having random reboots when trying to open apps, view pictures etc. Thought it was just me, but a coworker is having the same issue as well as a guy I ran into at the pet store today. Only started happening after the gingerbread rollout. This needs fixed ASAP
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello everyone!

If you are still having problems with your device rebooting, I need you to forward me the MEID number in the form of a private message. This way the software developers can look into this issue.

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch Status

Information Displays and you will see MEID

0 Likes
delldelong

MEID # A0000022CCB3B7   Phone reboots almost every unlock..Verizon store only wants to sell me a new phone..Please tell me why I should not go to small claims court...Enough $5000.00 losses and maybe someone will take notice... I am paying for a service that does not work as advertized...Thank you

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Trbo323 wrote:

That pretty much says it. every once in a while when i go to slide the bar and unlock my phone after it has been resting for a while the bar gets about 90% across and then stops. phone sits there for a few moments and then restarts itself. anyone know what causes this? its getting rather annoying, been happening about once a day

Have you tried booting into safe mode and see if issues stops because since it happens on unlock I believe you may have a desktop widget that is causing a crash situation...

Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
  3. Slide the keyboard open.
    Keyboard Open
  4. Press the Power button.
    Power button
  5. Press and hold the OK key.
    Hold the OK key
  6. Continue to hold the OK key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode
  7. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  8. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  9. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.
0 Likes
delldelong

I am sure it is not an application... Have not installed aynthing new... this issue started when Verizon pushed out OS update...no problems before then but now phone is almost unuseable...as soon as someoun needs their phone for 911 call and this happens something will get fixed

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

delldelong wrote:

I am sure it is not an application... Have not installed aynthing new... this issue started when Verizon pushed out OS update...no problems before then but now phone is almost unuseable...as soon as someoun needs their phone for 911 call and this happens something will get fixed

Just because a application worked on a previous build of a OS does not mean it will work on all updates released afterwards, I have pointed this out a number of times if the issue happened after a update it can still be a application issue because you updated the OS and not all applications that you had installed was tested on the new codes that was placed in the updated OS...  A new OS installation isn't as simple as replacing a few files it modifies the software on a deeper level and the developer has to update their codes to support the changes made.

It is like installing Windows 7 in a XP system, in most cases a number of apps cease to function because the software doesn't understand how or where to find some of the data that it needs to function after update, this is a common situation when updating software and Android falls under the same situation..

0 Likes
cmoore0520
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't PM you unless I am followed by you apparently..

My MEID is A0000022DF71DD.

I am almost positive the reason it is restarting is because of having Skype running.  It never used to restart until a few months ago when my whole phone updated.  I finally got tired of it and took it into the Verizon store the other day and they overnighted me a brand new phone; I installed the same programs it had and it just restarted upon unlocking again.  That is beyond stupid.  It is beyond my belief that this has been a problem for so long and there have not been any fixes.

For the record, I am not <word filter> towards you, Tamara.  I am bitching about the quality of Motorola phones and Verizon's service.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator