Droid 2, random restart when unlocking.
Trbo323

That pretty much says it. every once in a while when i go to slide the bar and unlock my phone after it has been resting for a while the bar gets about 90% across and then stops. phone sits there for a few moments and then restarts itself. anyone know what causes this? its getting rather annoying, been happening about once a day

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2, random restart when unlocking.
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

What I recommend is that you try doing a battery pull.  To accomplish this please:

• Power the device off.
  • Remove the battery.
  • Let the device sit for 15 seconds.
  • Replace the battery.  Power the device back on.  
  • Now, try your task again.

0 Likes
jc5265

I have the same problem. My Droid 2 Global would randomly restart when unlocking. It's rather annoying since it's just a waiting game to see that when the next time it reboots, it might be when you want to make an important phone call. I only had this phone for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Jenny17

The same thing is happening to my Droid 2 global. It happens just about once a day, and did happen in the middle of a phone call before. I also tried removing the battery but in about 1-2 days it did it again. I was told by the store that it might be an app on the home page that is causing this. So I have been slowing playing around and removing some apps to see if it still happens and so far nothing is helping. 

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them!

0 Likes
jc5265

Motorola did confirm of complaints with the rebooting issue for the D2G and said in their support forum "the various rebooting reports are all over the map." There's some that randomly reboots when not being used, and others when they are being used. They're looking into the issue but I don't know whether or not they will be able to find a fix, or how long it would take.

0 Likes
cgage0823

Same problem here, not sure if there is a remedy.

0 Likes
eha2

Any progress on these issues? It's so annoying that I'm about to return the phone.

0 Likes
chuq00
That is so nice, I have a droid 2 and have been plauged wirh reboots all the time too. It can happen just sitting on my desk doing nothing, or using the gps and driving down the road. I think we should get an upgrade to a different phone since the problem is known and undetermined as to if and when it will be fixed.
0 Likes
OldButTrue

I've done some searching and it appears that there a few actual reasons as to why a Droid might reboot that are app related but this doesn't appear to be one of them.  This first happened to me before I added any apps and has happened to people in safe mode (which disables all non out-of-the-box-apps).  The best answer I've come across in hours of searching a whole variety of forums on many websites is to take the phone back and get it replaced.  I don't know if this is the "real" answer here but the only thing I've seen on any forum that has worked for folks is a replacement.  Even if that isn't the answer it is painful enough for both Motorola and their very large customer, Verizon, that they'll truly work very hard to correct this.  I'm not in any way advocated being a nuisance for the fun of it, but because we all spent good money on these phones.  They really aren't cheap and I believe we have a right to proper functionality.

Raise a big enough ruckus and we might get somewhere.  Having spent 25 years in IT tech support I can tell you with near certainty that there are either of two problems here:  OS problem (memory leak or something of that ilk) or a hardware problem (defective CPU, faulty bus architecture, etc).  While I can't be certain because I don't know their systems, I would be positively stunned if this is an app issue.

0 Likes
OldButTrue

Tried it without any change in behavior.  I've seen a number of recommendations that include the battery pull and booting into safe mode.  I've tried them all and they don't change a thing.

0 Likes