Droid 2 hotspot not working.
jmcdo28

Bought the droid 2 yesterday.  Main reason to buy was due to the hotspot feature.  I have tried to connect it to my laptop with vista and my daughters with xp.  It connects and the computer says it has local access but not internet.  Spent 1.5 hours with tech support, went to verizon, spent an hour there and then they replaced the phone.  Same problem.  Will try with another computer tomorrow but just checking if anyone else has had this problem. 

Thanks,

John Mc

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 hotspot not working.
7531gentile

I have the same problem.  Did you find an answer somewhere?

0 Likes
mahgeetah

This feature is faulty on my Droid 2 as well. No solution seems forthcoming. I have also spoken to Tech support at Verizon, and they claimed no knowledge of the issue. That seems impossible when I've seen dozens of other forum posts by people who spoke to Verizon about the same issue.

I plan to return the phone and I suggest you do the same.

0 Likes
poordeadmolly

Same issue here. At first I thought it was my Vista lap top. I could get it to work and each time after about 10 minutes, the hotspot shut off and then when reconnecting, the lap top was seeing local only and no internet. That's NOT what I'm paying an extra $20 a month for. I would have to wait about a half an hour and then the lap top would have internet connectivity. This is lame for a so called top of the line phone and data plan.

0 Likes
infiltwb

iirc its a conflict with some of the settings related to motoblur's insane ammt of bloatware.

Verizon seems to have issues of the right hand not having a clue what the left is doing.

I was told a few times that the droid2 was a 4g phone by verizons tier 2 tech support.

I was also told that the droid2 shipped with android 3.0, which hasnt been released yet.

Go figure.

0 Likes
Douce
Had the same problem. Took it to two different places plus Verizon. Worked on it for six hours. The problem was my password. It needs to be ten characters plus letters and numbers. Works fine now. Good Luck.
0 Likes
9sparkfuls

My hotspot usually cannot connect. The hotspot will just not start or I get an error about data connection. When it does connect my Win 7 PC connects easilly with WAP though it drops after five minutes. I want to love this phone, but is not working well. I was using a t-mboile my-touch 3g and it was slower, but the signal was stable and it worked well as modem using {edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have heard that you need to have your password longer than 10 characters... I have not tested this, but you can let us know.

PS you are not supposed to mention that app... it will more than likely be removed.
0 Likes
9sparkfuls

Re "the app" - maybe they will leave mine up as an example of someone who did the "right thing" and started paying my $20/month. I am happy to if it works. The password cannot be the primary issue as usually I simplly cannot get the hotspot started. Does anyone have this working? Maybe just my phone is bad. If so I will swap for another 2 otherwise I may get an X or got back to T-mobile.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
It won't even start on your phone? I don't have it yet, but I know of people that do. No issues with them.

Please don't go back to tmobile... they are planning to skip 4G deployment and stick with hspa+

0 Likes