Re: Droid 2 global home screen glitching?
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been with Verizon for almost 10 and this is the first time I have encountered not only this kind of mechanical issue, but absolutely the worst customer service ever. One of my students is also experiencing a similar issue with her motorola droid, and everything began with her about a month ago, which coincided with mine and another friend's droid behaving erratically. All I can say is, if these companies don't own up to this problem very quickly, they will either face some kind of class action issue, or loss of customers. Quite frankly, their competitors are beginning to look like a viable alternative at this point.

vicgold

Glad to know the factory reset is useless.  I have been having problems for nearly two weeks now.  Guess it's time to find another phone.

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice if everyone who is experiencing these issues contact Motorola and tell them first hand!

0 Likes
cmitch32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this exact same problem for weeks now. The screen starts scrolling on its own, opening apps, making calls, etc. It's ridiculous. Verizon is horrible for customer service. I have insurance on my phone, but I still have to pay $99 to get another phone that isn't even a new phone! Are you kidding me?! They looked at my phone and said the battery cover was bent slightly so they woudn't replace it for free. It was bent when I got it because it was a crappy refurbished phone! And it isn't even really bent! They even documented that when I got it. Why have I been paying them extra money if they won't even do anything? I was told up front that it didn't matter what happened to my phone, including visible damage (short of being in a million pieces), with insurance it would be replaced FREE of charge. This is not the first time that verizon has screwed me over. They seriously need to reach a consensus among the employees because every single one says a different thing. I hate that I live in the middle of no where so Verizon is the only cell phone carrier that works here! I cannot even use my phone now, and I am due for an upgrade in September, so apparently the extra $168 dollars I have given them counts for nothing. Verizon is horrible.

Riastar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the factory reset and it helped a lot.  However, after about a week or two it has started acting hinky again.  I noticed that when I press a certain area on the back of the phone, just by holding it, the phone will act as if I am trying to delete that app.  It also put an app on my home screen that I didn't even know I had.  Either that, or it just downloaded on it's own.  I am through with Motorola phones.  If my company wasn't paying the bill, I would be through with Verizon too.  I am going for a Samsung.  I had the Omnia before and never had any trouble. 

0 Likes
OICU812
Enthusiast - Level 2

Humidity and moisture sensitivity is the correct answer. I have 3 Droid-2 Globals
on my family account since they came out. We have found that this phone is
HIGHLY sensitive to moisture. The top area of the phone that goes against your
ear is Exceedingly Sensitive to moisture on your hair and ear due to perspiration.
If you touch the phone to your ear and there is the slightest bit of moisture
the phone will start freaking out. The screen starts jumping all over the
place. The phone app starts trying to dial all kinds of numbers. You can't get the
screen unlocked and on and on. Once this happens the only thing you can do is
take the battery out and literally let it dry out or suck air through the ear
speaker grill to dry it out quickly and re install the battery.

To avoid the problem altogether, I put the phone in speaker mode and hold
the back side of the phone to my head to talk as needed or use the Blue Tooth
ear piece. I hate the Blue Tooth ear piece and never use it myself.

I am looking forward to November when I can swap two of these phones out for
the latest greatest. My son has already upgraded his to the Droid-4 and loves
it with no glitches so far.

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have always had a screen protector on the phone, so can't be that. But to hear that the screen is that sensitive to moisture is even worse, as one would think that Motorola would have anticipated such usage, and designed their product to be able to better resist such an issue.

When I get some information on the customer service dept of Motorola regarding this issue, I will share and hope you all will write the company regarding this problem.

OICU812
Enthusiast - Level 2

Give me a break. You guys know dang (Srtonger Language needed here) well that this phone has a moisture
sensitivity issue at the ear piece area of the phone that causes it to freak
out and do astonishingly crazy things at the mere slightest contact with an ear
that is even the slightest bit damp from perspiration. It is a manufactures
design flaw and is not fixable other than to keep the dang thing from touching
your ear if you are the least but warm!

0 Likes
OICU812
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen is not the problem really. It is the narrow area at the top part
the face of the phone surrounding the narrow ear speaker grill. This area has a
sensor to detect when the phone comes in contact with your skin which turns the
touch screen blank so that you do not hit buttons during a phone call. It is this
area of the phone which by default must come in contact with your ear to use
the phone normally that has the sensitivity to any moisture.

I agree that everyone should complain to Motorola. But of course these
phones are out of date now so won't make much of an impact I'm afraid.

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not complain because the model is "out of date?"  Motorola had issues with some of their products before, and their stock dropped like a stone in water. The issue is, and should always be, is a company going to frustrate the consumer with an "oh well" kind of attitude, or will they engender loyalty as in the days of old. Why should I pay for a product which does not work correctly, and continue to buy from a company unwilling to acknowlege its mistakes, and stand up for correcting said mistakes? This is where competition truly is beneficial, because show me a company who won't, and I'll show you one which will...