Re: Droid 2 global home screen glitching?
rpivonka

If you think the UPGRADE of the OS was a problem for you, I think you can revert back to your previous version. Search for that. And maybe re-do the upgrade after it's working again with the old OS.

0 Likes
alx0307

hi, somebody know, what i need to do to obtain a network unlock code from verizon if im not a customer?

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

2 years? Holy crap!!!

I have barely had mine for 1 and a half... and it simply refuses to allow me to use at this point. I pay too much money to verizon to be treated like this! I absolutely hate it... I loved the phone up until now even with the issues I have had throughout its use. Its been nothing but grief honestly. I wouldn't even desire to give it to a homeless person for use. It should be smashed up and melted down, the only good pieces being straight metal and take them for use in a better freaken phone.

MA_Cloud

I had a good first year with droid 2 global.

After that and I think after the 2.3 android upgrade things started going totally wrong.

I can not use the phone sometimes due the screen keeps moving and phone started behaving crazy and open applications and click on things by itself. I don't see a point of having a phone if you can not use it.

So why consumers had to pay the price when manufacturers like Motorola and Android don't check comparability.

Also I guess Motorola is the worse  manufacturer when it comes to touch screen technology, the touch screen got affected by humidity so much.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MA_Cloud,

Good morning! I apologize for the concerns you are experiencing with the Droid 2 Global. After a software update, a hard reset (http://bit.ly/vWYcLK) can be necessary to restore the device properly. I recommend performing this reset, but first backing up the information such as contacts and calendar to Gmail/Google. If the issue persists, please direct message me (AdamE_VZW) so I can review further options.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mj2638
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah the factory reset doesn't help. I'm on my third Droid 2 Global all with the same problem. The last time a verizon employee F'd with my phone for an hour and a half did the factory reset without telling me wiping all my contacts and then told me there was a paint chip on the side so they can't replace it. It's a manufacturer defect. Lets hope Google turns Motarola around but I doubt it and untill then we're without a phone service we're paying money for..

Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already bought a new phone... I seriously refuse to pay almost 100 dollars on a phone I cannot use at all. The screen issue was THAT bad that I simply could not use it at all and my desire to throw it out into the four lane high way and watch it disappear was great.

Verizon is just lucky that this HTC phone has wood me or I'd have used my old phone and completely dropped them come the first of the year. Too expensive to sit here with a phone I can't use.

I also sent my phone in to Trade-ins with verizon. I probably should have checked elsewhere for something better because its only appraised at 30 dollars. Don't expect your money back people.

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am now having the same issues and it began with a software update.I cannot believe that all of the people on here are having this issue, and neither Motorola or Verizon is owning up to this. Not good!

0 Likes
ev1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the glitching problem when I first bought the phone. I then later discovered that when the humidity is high the phone starts to jump around from screen to screen. Try taking the phone to a place where the humidity is normal. I've had the Droid 2 for almost 2 years and had no problems. Its the best phone I've ever had.

Riastar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know why the Technicians at Verizon stores (not Zoom stores) are either unaware of this issue or pretending it does not exist?  My phone is possessed.  It will just strart opening apps, typing gibberish into search boxes, starts Shazam, the music player, my Audible.com app, etc.  Then it freezes so I can't do anything.  I have to lock and unlock the screen to unfreeze it, and hope it does not start acting up again. 

I went to the Verizon store yesterday and I'm told that I have to pay $30, in addition to the cost of the phone, if I want to upgrade my phone.  I realize that if I had insurance, I would not have to pay for a new phone, but, this issue is CLEARLY a manufacturer defect, seeing that so many people are affected by the same issues.  Verizon and Motorola need to step up and assist their customers with this issue or in replacing their phone.  I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years and have never had any problems before.  This paying $30 to upgrade, and support techs acting as if the phone problem is not wide spread, is making me think about going to Sprint or AT&T.  And, I will never buy a Motorola phone again if someone doesn't step up and acknowledge this problem.  I am on my company's Verizon plan, but I WILL change my carrier and pay the bill myself if I don't get some resolution that is satisfactory.  I almost purchased a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx yesterday, for $299 plus the $30 upgrade fee!  I'm glad I thought better of it now that I've seen all these posts.