Re: Droid 2 gets Gingerbread ?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Carlo-

I definitely don't want you to feel left out with your Droid 2!

I understand how nice it is for your device to have all of the latest developments.

At this time, I don't have any news regarding the Gingerbread software on the Droid 2.

Please sign up for Product Alerts

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to know myself, seems like everyone is getting a nice update except for the droid 2 and the droid 2 global.  I been waiting for awhile on mine.  Just hoping the 2.3 update doesn't turn into a nightmare like the 2.1 did for a lot of devices.  And what puzzles me even more is how quiet both verizon and motorla are being about the updates.

0 Likes
kristinaf3

They are waiting to roll out gingerbread for Droid2 hoping that by that time, we will just buy the newest phone with different technology.  Well, I am.....on a different provider and a non-android phone!  I love my droid, but not when they treat their customers like crap.  Let's face it, why else would they update the newer phones first?  SO WE GIVE IN AND BUY THE NEWER PHONES!  Me and my 5 lines on my family plan will be switching from verizon and from droid as soon as my contract is up.  An Iphone is just as good as just as cheap!

0 Likes
nomoredroids

You are correct! Their focus now is on the Iphone.  I'm glad they aren't making as much money on the Iphone as they thought.  Maybe they will start to try and work with the Adroid customers again. They could care less about the Droid 2.  The phone is defective and they won't admit it.  On a side note, Netflix all the sudden has no worries about "DRM" and all Adroid phone can get a Netflix app? Am I the only one that thinks that's interesting?  Verizon put the stupid unremovable Blockbuster app on your phone and that's how you needed to watch movies.  Now they limit data and preinstall the Netflix app on the phone??  Either way Verizon is getting their cut.  Am I a little disgruntled? Yes, thanks for leaving me out in the cold Verizon!

0 Likes
nomoredroids
Doesn't this problem say "Droid2 gets Gingerbread?"??? This isn't solved! They can lump all the diffrent Droid 2 users together, but not give them the upgrade even around the same time? I thought Verizon was better then this. Verizon is forgetting their base of customers to chase the Iphone rush. I bought an Android phone along with a lot of others because we didn't want to fallow the herd of Apple fan boys. Now they turn on us. Verizon could put Motorola under the bus and we would have this upgrade tomorrow. But, again they could care less and give no info about it.
0 Likes
XxCamBRockxX

Huh?? why will my droid 2 global not update??

0 Likes
CWONeal

Yeah, Um... feelin left out in the wind here also!!!! I understand the initial pull for bugs... but scuttlebutt has that it was supposed to come out after D3 release... well D3 is here... where is 2.3???? Heck even custserv has asked if we got update yet to fix this rebooting problem and then realizing yall havent released it yet... I have had VZW for years and even sold/reccomended your phones... dont make me regret it...

0 Likes
Ambushbug

My fiance had a Droid 2 since launch, after numerous problems with it I finally called them enough until they gave us an early upgrade which she used to get a Thunderbolt like mine. Bottom line, if you ain't happy with it you have to let them know. They are not going to give you a free phone, but an early upgrade can come in real handy.

0 Likes
CWONeal

Problem is I JUST got mine 2 months ago. I used my early upgrade for it. The prob these phones are having should have been addressed and fixed already. The rebooting is not a hardware issue. It is software related. an OTA Update for that should have been issued quite a while ago. However with them planning the 2.3 update they figured they would fix it with that (im assuming. Problem is (if thats the case) no one is communicating that and they are dragging their feet and being hush about it.

0 Likes
infiltwb

droid 2 is EOL. Verizon isn't too concerned with us getting updated software, they want us into updated devices.

Same thing w/ the d1, eris etc.

0 Likes