Droid 2 World Edition?
en1989

Apparently it is in the works. Does anyone know when the droid world edition will be released?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 World Edition?
jandrewcol

I am wondering if it won't be soon. Both walmart.com and wirefly.com are selling the D2 for $49.99 right now if you do a 2 year upgrade. For that price I don't think I am going to wait for the World Edition. I don't travel.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time there is no information available regarding any world edition unfortunately. However you can sign up for email updates under our support tab to know about all upcoming updates.

0 Likes
jandrewcol

I just had a chat with an online agent and they told me that the Droid 2 is being phased out and it is available only online right now. They said currently there is no replacement.

Sales Rep: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service.  May I help you with your order today?

Me: ...I have a question about the Droid 2.

Me: Is it being phased out already?

Sales Rep: Yes it is.

Sales Rep: It only available online right now.

Me: Is there a replacement? And do you have a reason for the short life span?

Sales Rep: I'm sorry but we have no replacements.

That was copied from our chat log. I replaced the names.

0 Likes
jandrewcol

Well I guess no one knows what is going on. I called my local corporate store last night and they still had the D2. They told me it wasn't on phase out.

I also was told by VZW that the R2D2 Droid 2 was available for pre-order online today. That is also a lie because I can't find it.

So I guess they don't even know what is going on. Good luck in finding the world edition.

0 Likes