Droid 2 Global won't always send text messages
jake2784

I just got my brand new 2nd D2G due to similar issues that my first D2G had. I don't know if its due to the android software or network issues, but my phone will not always send my sms text messages. I have called verizon customer support and they have helped me several times trouble shooting the previous phone, but they couldn't figure it out so they issued me a new phone. They would have me text to one of their numbers and of course it would go through, however my text to other people that either do have the same carrier or not don't always receive them. I even check the message report and either it will always pend or eventually they will receive it, however they don't always receive the text message even though it shows they do. I have researched on many forums, discovered the 1 before area code can be an issue but none of my contacts have a 1 before their number so that isn't the problem. This is beginning to become very frustrating, so I am starting to doubt if I will stay with this service for much longer if this issue isn't solved.

Please someone help me out, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global won't always send text messages
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi jake2784, I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing text messaging issue. Just wondering did you have service with us before the D2G and it happen on a previous phone? Just for your background, if after we try a new phone and still having the issue, the next step is to submit a trouble ticket so our network team can do more troubleshooting to find the root cause. It could be how your device is connecting to the network, your phone number itself, the area you are in is just a few factors they will look into.

I'm sending you a message to further assist you directly.

Thank you for being patience while we look into this!

SkyHawkPA

I have a similar problem and was told by Verizon that it is a software issue,  I can text to some phones only if I do NOT use punctuation, indenting, or start new paragraphs (this inlcudes the use of apostrophes in word contractions such as didn't).  Try sending again but make sure you don't use any punctuation.  Seems like a step backward doesn't it?

0 Likes
Steveirv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem with my wife and my D2G's is the opposite, we'll get 3 or 5 copies of the same txt message.

0 Likes
jake2784

I have also sent messages without any special characters and the recipient doesn't always receive them. Just from the other day, now I can't contact my voicemail dialing 1, I have to dial my entire number to reach my voice mail, otherwise dialing one even though it shows your trying to contact your voicemail, it rings and then proceeds to tell you how you may have the wrong number please try again. This is my 2nd new D2G. There is so many forums that people complain about issues with these phones.Why would verizon who claims to the best wireless provider nationwide mass produce such inadequate technology that a lot of people depend so much on? Also why do we need so much more unnecessary software on these smartphones? If they just keep putting more junk into these phones that's just giving them more issues these phones will be capable of having.

0 Likes
SkyHawkPA

I couldn't agree more.  I think this phone and software were released way before they were ready.  The promises are great and the salesman are glib but the reality is not very good.  As I have said in other posts, I can't wait for the contract to expire (about 19 months to go) so I can get something that delivers somewhat on what it promises.  Because of the incredibly poor battery, I have disabled everything I can find (no downloaded apps at all) so the only thing I have that is useful is a moderate quality phone (sound is sometimes like I'm in a closet) that I can check e-mails with (as YOU know, texting sucks).  Nothing else and for this I paid a premium upfront charge and continue to pay a premeium for the data "service".  In addition I am a bit perplexed with the Verizon support.  A couple of Verizon folks on the forum were supposed to call me to help but that never happened.  All in all, a very disappointing experience.  I have fortunately persuaded several people to get something other than a Droid and am never shy about the crummy phone when people ask about it.  I have made it a policy for my company that no one else is to get a Droid.  As I only have about 35 employees, this does not make the slightest difference to Motorola or Google, but I can not have my employees try to use something that works so poorly.

Good luck to you.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Steveirv, 

Are you and your wife still receiving duplicate text messages?   

0 Likes
Steveirv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still getting dupe txt messages????

Not sure, doesn't happen with every message, but enough to be annoying. Hasn't happened to either of us in the last several days......

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I would like to apologize to the community for the members who did receive a call back or a resolution to this issue. After review of issues reported for this phone, I was unable to locate this as a known issue. Based on previous information provided by Verizon wireless representatives in this post, we will continue to file trouble tickets for each customer that is experiencing this issue. We will need for every customer who has this issue to speak with technical support for further trouble shooting.

0 Likes
joshONmars

I am also experiencing this issue with very simililar symptoms as the original poster. I had one phone with the problem and I couldn't make phone calls along with not being able to text, so I took it into a Verizon store where they gave me a new one. This phone had the same problem once I got home (after it worked fine every time I was in the store) but I decided I'd take it in in the morning. The next day, today, it worked fine again so I didn't take it in. Then it went out again tonight. The phone always says 3G and has full bars and it always lets me on the internet, but phone calls don't work either way and texts don't either. Does this have anything to do with the new update?

0 Likes