Droid 2 Global text message/reset/phone issues
boxalarm

Ever since I got the gingerbread update a few weeks/month ago my Droid 2 global has encountered many bugs.

In no particular order...

After text messaging for some time, the phone will quit giving me a text message alert when it recieves a text message.  the small LED light will blink letting me know a text has arrived and is unread, but the audio quits sounding.   When I check the audio level via the volume rocker on the side of the phone, the phone will reboot itself.

Ocassionally while texting my phone will quit recieving texts.  requiring a battery pull, at which point all the text will then be recieved.

Ocassionally for no reason, when I recieve a phone call, they cannot hear me and I cannot hear them... untill I do a battery pull and reset the phone

none of these problems were present prior to the gingerbread update.  please help!!

Shane

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global text message/reset/phone issues
droid2problems
Enthusiast - Level 2

November 16th i downloaded the same software update, i started havig problems with my first one (had since april 2011). Just received my warrenty replacement a few days ago and its doing the same thing. The store will not help you i was told contact customer support. this problem seems to be droid 2 wide.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Shane!

I'm sure it's frustrating experiencing these problems, especially after updating your device software!  I would like to help you with resolving these issues.

I want to suggest clearing cache & data on any applications you are having trouble with, such as Messages, Messaging & Text Messaging, Dialer and Dialer Storage.  If you are using any third party messaging applications, I suggest removing the application and retesting.  This way we can see if the issue is application related.  If the issues persist after completing these suggested steps, I recommend hard resetting your device.  This can clear up any type of corrupt file or application that may be causing your device to malfunction.  Ensure your data is backed up prior to performing the reset.

Please, let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

droid2problems
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im glad that Verizon has taken initiative to help solve this vast problem. i would like to work through this issue with you to hopefully resolve these issues. Hard Reset will not work for this issue. I had to Hard reset my first one 2-3 times, and i just activated my new one and it is still having problems. I went to a Verizon store and they did somethings to say that it should work but i actually just had to turn the phone off and turn it back on so I can make a phone call.

What do you mean by "third Party messaging applications" if you could give me a few examples of this so i can go through the process of removing the apps from my phone so i hopefully have a functioning phone.

if you would like i can include a list of the applications in another post.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback Shane!

The third party messaging applications I am referring to could be any, such as Handcent SMS, GO SMS, chompSMS and etc.  There are tons of them.  I would suggest removing the application and test for a few days to see if you notice any changes in how the device performs.

Thanks, and keep me updated.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
boxalarm

Ok... I have removed the non factory messaging software (chompSMS) and did a cache clear etc...  now the text messaging software (factory) seems to work fine...

Im still having trouble, with the cell phone portion of the device.  about half the time when I dial or answer a call, there is NO voice (cant hear them, they cant hear me) and I have to do a batt pull and its back to normal.

whats the next step to solving this!?

Thanks Again!

Shane

0 Likes
droid2problems
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have non-factory messaging (chompSMS) or any of the services you noted above (that i know of). i have compared apps with friends who have the Droid 2 and there was one similarity. We had one service the same but i deleted that. Its the software upgrade that Verizon/Motorola performed back in November.

AnthonyTA, your help is much welcomed but i have a feeling this is a programing issue that needs a new update to fix. If you have any ideas that would be great.

Our problem is we do not have the IPhone, if this was a problem on the Iphone or a newer phone, Verizon would have it fixed immediately.

Frustrated

Keegan

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback Shane & Keegan!

Have either of you tried hard resetting your devices?  This could possibly clear any corrupt file or data on the device causing the issue.

Please let me know the result of your testing.

Thanks again,

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
droid2problems
Enthusiast - Level 2

As i stated earlier the hard reset does not work. I even had a Verizon wireless customer service agent walk me through the steps of resetting the phone to no avail.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry the hard reset didn't work for you, droid2problems.

At this point, if you have already cleared cache, soft reset & hard reset the device, to no avail, we would need to look into replacement options. If the device is still within the 1 year warranty with no physical or liquid damage, we can get you another one. Feel free to Direct Message me if you need additional assistance.

Tamara H.

0 Likes