Droid 2 Global - FAIL
mom2eightgr8kids
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for over a decade.  I also was a hardcore CrackBerry addict until the Droids came out.  I purchased the 1st generation Droid and loved it.  Then, my fiance, seeing how happy I was, ditched AT&T and purchased the Droid X.  He loved that phone and I came to love his phone. 

One day, I accicdentally dropped my precious phone and the screen shattered.  Thankfully I had insurance.  I got a new phone from Asurion and I was happy....  UNTIL - everything went wrong.  Charger port failed and lots of overheating.  After 3 or 4 replacements from Asurion (no charge), they upgraded me to a Droid 2 Global as their policy is 4 replacements and you go up to a better model.  I was happy with that, but I still lusted after my fiance's Droid X!

So, I got my Global, thought it was a great phone, but it didn't take me more than a month of lusting to upgrade to the Droid X 2! 

There's a whole other story that goes with the X2, but my issue right now is with the Global. 

My son's phone crapped out a couple months ago and I punished him for ruining yet another phone by making him go without a phone for 2 months.  Well, I decided to pull my Droid Global out of the box and surprise him by activating it for him.  He was THRILLED!  As was I with his reaction.  But, within 1 hour of getting it activated, the Global has now become my nemesis and he hates it - but I have no other phone for him.  The stupid thing will NOT work with data connection for anything.  The first hour I was able to download a few apps from MARKET (not Google Play).  But, after that, we haven't been able to get it to download a single stupid app thru either 3G or Wi-Fi.  I have spent HOURS programming, re-programming, resetting, analyzing, pulling the battery, restarting, updating, *228ing, *611ing, and this freakin' phone just WILL NOT WORK to download any kind of app.  There's no valid reason this phone should not be working at all....  HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Re: Droid 2 Global - FAIL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Mom2eightgr8kids!

I truly love your evolution of smartphones and I'm excited you've been a long time customer. I'm happy that we've had a wonderful journey together and I would like to continue that! Let's see what we can do to fix up your sons Droid 2 Global.

I reviewed all of the requirements to receive the Google Play Store update and this is what I found, straight from Google: http://bit.ly/TWLZyw

Now it mainly talks about needing to be ont he most current software version for the device. If you go to Settings > About what do you see listed for System and Firmware version?

Choose "system updates" to see if it will pull a software update.

Please advise!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

MiluSerb

Droid 2 sucks... So does Motorola

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

The droid 2 global was just a problem..and I would bet that Motorola knows it too, especially after me writing to them regarding. I don't think they really care.

0 Likes
Droid 2 Global - FAIL
mom2eightgr8kids
Enthusiast - Level 2
As of this moment, I have decided that since VZW cares cares so little for my technical issues, since they are willing to take my money for insurance, warranties, and new phones, but are so unwilling to back up their responsibilities and commitments pertaining to those warranties, they must not truly appreciate my 10+ years of c ontracts, the 6 phones I have currently under contract, nor the $400 monthly that I pay.    They prefer to leave me with malfunctioning phones, incompetent reps after HOURS on the phone, and no tech support when I need it.  Oh, did I mention the CLNR device I received with no battery, back, charger, manual, anything, when I thought I was getting a new device?  Yeah, I spent 6 hours in my car driving to find a battery and back yesterday.  Funny thing, the device just STOPPED WORKING tonight.  Shut itself off and won't come back on at all!    I believe I shall take my 6 lines, $400 monthly, and next decade of patronage to a wireless provider who actually WANTS my business and cares about my satisfaction.    As far as the multiple combined years left on my contracts, good luck!     I'm FURIOUS!
0 Likes
DGreen1153

I have a Droid 2 Global like you are talking about. I have had 9 Droid 2 and all the ones I have sounds like mine was doing. They told me at Verizon that it is a software problem. I feel like as many as I have had they should give me a upgrade but they have not done so. My bill runs 249.00 a month as much as I am paying they should let me upgade to a better phone. But back to yours I think it has a software problem . I carry mine to the store and they always give me another Droid 2  but it is starting to get old to have to reload all the apps that I have on mine. So I would take it back to them and ask for a replacement it should still be under warranty.

Don

<< Full name edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mom2eightgr8kids,

Wow! I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this unacceptable experience. We never want you to feel this way. I'm dedicated to providing you with a resolution today. For further assistance, please follow me MatthewS_VW and then DM me with your contact information so I can speak with you directly, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes