Droid 2 Global Bluetooth Issues
GeorgeW

I have a Droid and a couple of bluetooths (Motorola H721 and H730).  The behavior is the same with each so I'm sure the phone is the culprit.

Before the OS upgrade I did yesterday, if the Bluetooth was connected for more than a few miniutes it would take at least two to four presses of the button to get the Bluetooth to ask for a command while in the holster.

The phone would also drops the Bluetooth connection intermitantly and then reconnect which was a pain if it happened during a call.  This would happen in or out of the holster.

After the upgrade if the Bluetooth is connected for more than a few minutes, I press the button and it starts the command but hangs up in the middle of the voice prompt until I take it out of the holster, then it works, but not a legal move while driving.

The holster may be the issue, but its one they sold me when I got the phone at my local verizon store.  If I turn the phone screen out in the holster, the problem doesn't happen.  The Holster has a rotating clip on it with a weave pattern, there is no brand name ot it or the shell that came with it.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global Bluetooth Issues
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello GeorgeW,

Thank you for posting to the forums. This issue can definitely be caused by the Holster. We would need to perform further troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your mobile number and I will contact you to assist you further. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes