Droid 2 Extended Battery
skerfan2284

I have my droid 2 protected with the hard shell case and holster. I am considering getting the extended life battery, but wondering if it would fit that case, or if i would have to buy another case. Anyone know?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Extended Battery
sallyshouse
Contributor - Level 1

I inquired the same thing.  It is my understanding that the extended battery requires a different back cover because it is a thicker battery.  I use the hard case and holster also.  It would not slide in if the back cover were any larger.  FYI.....go to ebay and buy that holster for half the price!

0 Likes
robball

I have the hard shell and holster and have an extended battery.  The case does still fit.  It is tighter in the holster but does fit. 

0 Likes
skerfan2284

Is the extended battery worth purchasing? How much longer does it stay charged? 

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I understand your concern for the extended battery for the Droid 2. Battery times vary based upon personal use and system transition. You can click on the link below for more information for the extended batteries.

http://search.vzw.com/?market=30668&q=droid+2+extended+battery&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

0 Likes
robball

I have only had the extended battery about a week but with my usage it seems to give me 1/3 to 1/2 more time.  With the standard battery I get down to 20% to 30% in16 to 18 hours.  With the extended it is 24 plus. 

0 Likes
sallyshouse
Contributor - Level 1

Really???  I was told it would not fit.  Is this the holster/case that you are talking about?

OEM MOTOROLA DROID 2 A955 SHELL HOLSTER COMBO..VERIZON

0 Likes
bikerguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my D2 for 29 days.  I have (had) this same holster and case. 

1.  The case does fit the extended battery, but is a little tighter in the holster as mentioned above.

2.  The case needs to be removed from the D2 to use the Multimedia Station.  Even with the insert removed from the MM Station the phone wont fit (who designs this stuff?!).

3.  The top part of the case occludes some of the access to the top row of keys.  I have large hands and it was a no go for me.

4.  The case seems to protect the phone very well.  It is also very secure in the holster.

5.  The phone with the case on doesn't fit in the Vehicle Mount either. 

So I used it for about 3 weeks with the top  cover off of the phone.  It fit a little easier in the holster, but I still was removing the back case to use the multimedia station and the vehicle mount. 

I went with the standard holster and gave up on the case.  Too much hassle.

I also use the extended battery.  I bought it with the phone and haven't use the standard battery.  So I can't make a comparison.  I do get a full days worth of use out of this battery.  With the phone being only 1 month old, I've been using it a lot to figure out all it can do. I suppose once the novelty wears off, I should get much better battery life.    NO manual came with the phone. So like everyone else I found and love this forum.  Thank you all for helping and sharing....

Greg

0 Likes
robball

Yes, that is the case/holster I have.  Initally they told me it would not fit but then one of the sales people suggesting trying it.  It is tigher in the holster than the standard battery but is acceptable in my view.  It may loosen up some with use.

0 Likes
hootenj

had the same issue with the multimedia station and an extended battery/protective case. Once you remove the insert on the multimedia station you will see a raised guide on each side of the slot, if you take a knife or razor on cut those down even with the rest of the slot the phone will seat far enough down to charge. I am using one of the silicone covers and not the hard cover, but it worked for me.

0 Likes