Droid 2 - Back Up Assistant Force Closes
SunKrux

For a few days now my Back Up Assitant will not sync, then the "force close" pop up window will pop up.  How do I get it to stop doing this? 

I've had the phone since July 2011 and have really enjoyed having it but this worries me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid 2 - Back Up Assistant Force Closes
Wildman
Legend

Issues are common with Backup Assistant, you can try clearing the cache and data from app and setup again or transfer the info to Google...

Clear Cache:

Go to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

Transfer to Google:

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Issues are common with Backup Assistant, you can try clearing the cache and data from app and setup again or transfer the info to Google...

Clear Cache:

Go to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

Transfer to Google:

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

0 Likes
SunKrux

Thanks for the help but it didn't work.  I'll just deal with it.

0 Likes