Droid 2.2 Update made the phone worse
NipperSpot

I received the Droid 2.2 Update and experience many problems.

1. Phone frequently locks up where I have to reset it often.

2. GPS navigation through Google Maps shows the correct directions, Navigation tells you right when it should be left (as it shows on the map), for example, and maps do not update.  The phone has a strong signal and good data connection.

3. When trying to disconnect a phone call when pressing End, the phone will not hang up the caller until you continually press End or when the phone disconnects from the person calling you.

4. Apps run slower than normal and there is a big delay between when you press on the app to when it opens where it seems like it takes a long time to open.  Many app now need to get forced closed.

There are several other problems with the phone and I just need a phone to make calls.  The Droid phone is not worth using anymore where I am spending more time trying to get the phone to work.

Also whenever I got to the local Verizon store (Florence, KY on Mall Road), they are always overwhelmed with people where the wait is up to two or three hours.  I am not going to sit there for that long as I have better things to do during that time.  This Verizon store is so understaff and undersized (building) for the location causing these long wait periods. 

One of the Managers in the store is not very helpful and will make you feel like an idiot as much as possible.  He once told me that the Droid is able to run many apps and I need to frequently do a factory reset on the phone.  When I told him I had a few apps running, he then told me that I did not know how to use the phone and need to learn it better.  Furthermore, I sould not come in to the store wasting their time on learning issues.  Luckily I have not ran in to this manager lately at the Verizon store.

I doubt that posting this message will help the Verizon store or my situation, just can't wait to get rid of the Droid phone and go back to a non-data based phone without all of these complicated procecesses on trying to get a phone fixed or working right.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.2 Update made the phone worse
Not applicable

NipperSpot wrote:

I received the Droid 2.2 Update and experience many problems.

1. Phone frequently locks up where I have to reset it often.

2. GPS navigation through Google Maps shows the correct directions, Navigation tells you right when it should be left (as it shows on the map), for example, and maps do not update.  The phone has a strong signal and good data connection.

3. When trying to disconnect a phone call when pressing End, the phone will not hang up the caller until you continually press End or when the phone disconnects from the person calling you.

4. Apps run slower than normal and there is a big delay between when you press on the app to when it opens where it seems like it takes a long time to open.  Many app now need to get forced closed.

There are several other problems with the phone and I just need a phone to make calls.  The Droid phone is not worth using anymore where I am spending more time trying to get the phone to work.

Also whenever I got to the local Verizon store (Florence, KY on Mall Road), they are always overwhelmed with people where the wait is up to two or three hours.  I am not going to sit there for that long as I have better things to do during that time.  This Verizon store is so understaff and undersized (building) for the location causing these long wait periods. 

One of the Managers in the store is not very helpful and will make you feel like an idiot as much as possible.  He once told me that the Droid is able to run many apps and I need to frequently do a factory reset on the phone.  When I told him I had a few apps running, he then told me that I did not know how to use the phone and need to learn it better.  Furthermore, I sould not come in to the store wasting their time on learning issues.  Luckily I have not ran in to this manager lately at the Verizon store.

I doubt that posting this message will help the Verizon store or my situation, just can't wait to get rid of the Droid phone and go back to a non-data based phone without all of these complicated procecesses on trying to get a phone fixed or working right.

Nipper: I have experienced none of those issues. Coiuld be a faulty download of the 2.2?

The Verizon Wireless Store should never have such wait times and I would recommend going to another company store. They can do the reflash of the OS and they also offer a 1/2 hour course on how to properly use your phone and its features. Just ask for that service appointment to do so.

Additionally if the manager is treating you like that call Verizon Wireless Corporate and ask for the highest person to rersolve that bad customer service issue.

Additionally you do not need to set the phone back to factory default as the manager said, that wipes all your information and places the phone back to as when you bought it. I suspect he does not know what he is talking about and should be reported to Verizon Wireless Corporate since he/she is doing a diss-service to the customer.

0 Likes
tomoairwav

Wow.  Pretty much the same treatment at the same store today in Florence KY.  They tried to make me think I was the problem, didn't know how to work the phone, because the touch screen was no longer working that I should use the work arounds. 

I am just wondering why we (consumers) keep going back to be mistreated by  these people and paying for it to boot? 

This store must have a reputation...I saw a guy in front of me leave looking like he was ready to pop mad...it was scary.  After my treatment, I understand why. Yikes!

So, to be able to do my job, so I can pay Verizon more money, I had to buy a Trac Phone today while I wait for Verizon to send me another phone in 4 days! A phone (Droid) that I absolutely HATE! Oh well...

This is how to maintain customers...

0 Likes
tomoairwav

Oh....BTW, I did talk to the manager...he was the worst part of the experience.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have been nothing less than completely satisfied. I had an issue and they overnighted phones, and finally let me change phones.

They never once questioned me.

If you want honestly bad service, then you need to visit Sprint.

If you want out of your contract you can get out, but be careful what you wish for.
0 Likes
tomoairwav

The voice quality of this phone has embarrassed me over and over.  My subordinates constantly tell me they can not understand me since I got the Droid.  This store told me"no one has ever complained about the voice".  Google pops up so many results..The phone has issues.

I don;t subscribe to "the customer is always right" thing, but there is a matter of respect and the appearance of concern.  I stay in hotels 4 - 5 nights a week.  The ones that treat me a little better...guess what?  I go back.  I don;t expect products to never break or to be perfect, but the experience with the Florence KY Verizon store leaves me ill.

Sprint is probably not an option because of their coverage, but AT&T is.  I really do know the dangers of being careful what I wish for...that's how I ended up at Verizon.  Everyody said they were great, even Consumer Reports said the voice quality was better.  I am sooo sorry I changed to Verizon.  I have a large contract with 3 phones on it. :smileysad:

0 Likes
PabloPizarro

My Droid all of a sudden will not turn on.  If I plug in the power adapter the device appears to try to reboot over and over.  I am traveling in Colorado and the store locator on the Verizon website shows now stores in Colorado?  Any advice?

It's funny but I have been teasing my friends with iPhones that the Droid is the answer  to all of their ATT / OS problems...

0 Likes