Droid 2.2 Camera App - where did the camera settings go?
a1anda2

In the camera under 2.1, you coould set the size (5 Mpx, 2Mpx) and resolution(super fine, fine, normal) of images.  Now there is no Camera Settings on the menu button or the screen.  Anybody know where it went, or how to verify the settings?  I don't wan't high Mpx files or superfine images.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.2 Camera App - where did the camera settings go?
a1anda2

When 2.2 installs on your phone, it re-sets the camera settings on the phone.  (The camera app is also a new version with a new look.)

The top icon on the screen contains the camera settings.  It is not obvious, as it opens showing the focus mode and exposure settings.  After you tap it, scroll down (drag up) in the window that pops up, and you can get to the Picture Size and Picture Quality settings to change them.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
That (above)
0 Likes
Rdk

Thank you for this post - not sure I would have ever figured out to scroll on a pop-up bubble

0 Likes
dmad1rulz

a1anda2 wrote:

When 2.2 installs on your phone, it re-sets the camera settings on the phone.  (The camera app is also a new version with a new look.)

The top icon on the screen contains the camera settings.  It is not obvious, as it opens showing the focus mode and exposure settings.  After you tap it, scroll down (drag up) in the window that pops up, and you can get to the Picture Size and Picture Quality settings to change them.

I haven't really messed around with the camera since after the update, but thanks to this post, I don't have to go fuddling through it to figure out how to adjust my settings and such. Kudos to you!

0 Likes
glennrey

Its the first setting in camera mode.  The top Right setting scrolls, go to the bottom and their is the resolution setting.  This was a brain dead mishap on the upgrade.  Needs to be more obvious that was a scrolling screen to the average user.  Shame Ver...

a1anda2 wrote:

In the camera under 2.1, you coould set the size (5 Mpx, 2Mpx) and resolution(super fine, fine, normal) of images.  Now there is no Camera Settings on the menu button or the screen.  Anybody know where it went, or how to verify the settings?  I don't wan't high Mpx files or superfine images.

0 Likes
glennrey

I didn, and Verizon rep had no idea

Rdk wrote:

Thank you for this post - not sure I would have ever figured out to scroll on a pop-up bubble

0 Likes