Droid 2 - 2.3.3 Random Reboots and Touchscreen issues
kausher

Hello all,

I'm writing to report that since the Gingerbread update 2.3.3 installed on my DROID2, I have been having random reboots.  The phone reboots randomly maybe around 3 times a day.

The most annoying issue that I'm having is that the touchscreen keyboard will "exit out" of the text box that I'm trying to enter text in whenever the SPACEBAR is pressed.  This also happens with the slideout keyboard when pressing the spacebar.  This makes it seem like a software issue (not app related, but OS related).  I have tried rebooting the phone into safe mode with no changes.  The same after factory reset.  Also tried clearing data and caches for the offending apps.  

However, it happens consistently in some apps (Handcent SMS, Motorola messaging, Gmail), and DOES NOT OCCUR in others (like entering text in the browsers address window!

VZW, this is my only phone and with all of the reported issues abounding since the software updates (I also had NO major issues under Froyo) this is clearly not an hardware issue.  This is unacceptable in today's marketplace.

Oh, and please don't start your reply with "I'm sure this must be very frustrating for you...".

I need some resolution and or answers to this problem.  I have been a VZW customer for over 15 years.  Please help.

Karl

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 - 2.3.3 Random Reboots and Touchscreen issues
kausher

Ok all,

If anyone else is having the spacebar keyboard lockup issue on the touchscreen, I found this temporary fix on the Motorola forum.

To summarize, go to Settings/Language & Keyboard Settings/Multi-touch keyboard/ DESELECT Next word prediction...

Don't know why the random reboots though!

Karl

0 Likes