Droid 2.0.1 Updates Are Starting Today!
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

Yay!

I haven't received the update yet, but on another forum I follow (http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/24628-ota-update-starting-today.html), several have....anyone on this forum received the OTA 2.0.1 update today?

If so, how do you like the new screen lock slider? I'm not to sure about the looks of it, but I guess whatever works.....

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.0.1 Updates Are Starting Today!
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

The "official" word everyone has been waiting for....

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf

0 Likes
josh23

i am thinking about getting the droid, could somebody tell me which plan i should get and how much a month its goins to run me.  I am currently on a family share plan, could i just pay extra on top of that or would i need a whole new plan?

0 Likes
PCD_Greg

you should be able to upgrade to a droid if upgrade eligible(or buy one outright), it would be a $30 smartphone feature for your line.

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you initiate the OTA update on your own or do you have to wait for it to be pushed to your phone? From the verizon web site it seemed you had to wait until you get the update available notification on your phone.

0 Likes
josh23

ok thanks a lot

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

mricet1005 wrote:

Can you initiate the OTA update on your own or do you have to wait for it to be pushed to your phone? From the verizon web site it seemed you had to wait until you get the update available notification on your phone.

You will receive a notification on your Droid when it is pushed to your phone...from what I have gathered from following other forums today, they are staggering the update throughout the week to various parts of the country, so it is not all being done all at once....so we'll just have to wait to receive the notification to start the update...here's the instructions you will receive in the notification....

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/droid_upgrade.html

0 Likes
Dreamline

Any word on the Bluetooth HandsFree dial support? Or is that going to be the January update (or later)?

0 Likes
nedaroth
Enthusiast - Level 3

OP explain how slider works to ulock screen

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I would rather be able to change the whole slider thing.  I get the idea but don't like having to drag my finger across the screen to unlock it.  I don't like having to do it to answer phone calls either.  It makes it difficult to answer the phone while driving or to unlock the screen while doing other things.  In otherwords it is difficult to do anything one handed on this phone.  It seems to read my palm on the lower right while I try to do stuff on the left and it doesn't register a full motion.  More a problem with the design of my hand with this phone but there should be a way to adjust that.  I mean isn't the whole thing about Android the ability to customize it. 

My understanding and I hope this is very wrong is that yesterday at noon 1,000 phones got updates.  Last night at midnight 9,000 phones got update notifications and then there will be a 48 hour waiting period before it starts 200,000 a night at around midnight every night till they are all updated.  I hope it is just a regional thing and it will roll out a little smoother than that but aside from the there won't be one tonight but it will start again tomorrow night seems a bit odd to me other than that it kind of makes sense they have to test the system then a little bigger test then adjustments and massive roll out a little at a time to not crush the network.

0 Likes