Droid 1 touchscreen gone crazy, help! Can't use it like this, what can I do?
TP2012

The touchscreen on my Droid 1 has gone crazy! It types symbols I'm not touching, autofills bizarre words, and I can watch as the keyboard starts typing on it's own. The apps open randomly, I can't even use the shut down touch button, it puts it in airplane mode instead. I've pulled the battery multiple times, isn't fixing it. The number 1 key won't work, types a 2 instead. Can't get into settings as it opens other apps instead. My wallpaper changed by itself to a photo I've never seen. I try to open email, it opens notes. The phone is useless like this. Is my phone possessed or is it fixable? Help please!

0 Likes
Re: Droid 1 touchscreen gone crazy, help! Can't use it like this, what can I do?
hallrt

Mine went nuts this past weekend and for no reason is ok now. My wife has same phone at the same location and it was ok. I pulled battery and did no good. I left it on charger overnight; weird message appeared. Then, in the morning it was ok. It started to go nuts again, but quickly became ok. Go figure. Hey Verizon Wireless...what's up? No reply from you?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 1 touchscreen gone crazy, help! Can't use it like this, what can I do?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

well it is an older phone, they are on droid 4 now.  things could be going bad in it

do a f actory reset, dont reload any apps and see how it works

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for assisting TP2012. We want your device to work as should! The issue you are experiencing can be caused by an application. Let's try to run your device in safe mode to see if the issue persists. Here is how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27713

If the issue persists: disable safe mode by simply powering off the device. Backup your contacts using either the Backup Assistant or Google Contacts. Perform a hard reset: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=26502 . Activate device by dialing *228 Send, option 1. Set up device as new. Let us know if you need further assistance.

LenaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes