Droid 1 and Swype
Alex777
Will the droid 1 ever be seeing swype? I know there is a beta version you can download but will it ever see like a full version or whatever like on the droid x and droid 2? I remember reading somewhere that when you update to 2.2, you'll get an email from swype.com that will let you install it but I don't know if this is true.
0 Likes
Re: Droid 1 and Swype
HipHopTechie

I updated to Android 2.2 this morning. I uninstalled and then re-installed the latest Swype beta and it is working fine.

0 Likes
sk8erco84

I have the first motorola droid, and I would like to be able to put swype on it. How do I go about doing this? I tried to look for it in the market, and I tried to follow some of the instructions found on the web to get swype. I didn't find anything in the market, and when I installed swype the way it tells me to on some of the websites, I keep getting the same error message that tells me that my trial period has ended and I need to download the latest version of swype. How do I go about doing this? Where can I get swype? Please help me if you can! Thanks, J

0 Likes
Alex777
Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I downloaded it from the web.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Never heard of any rumor that Froyo would be available in the Froyo update on the Droid.  You probably won't see Swype in the market "officially" for the droid unless Verizon licenses it for every droid.  Swype's current business plan is to market it to a line of phones and not have it for individual purchase.

As for getting the beta to work, make sure the current version you have on the phone is uninstalled.  Uninstall the Swype installer and then uninstall swype.  If you don't still have the email, go to https://beta.swype.com/android/user/, login and have it send you another email.  Go to the link and download the file and follow the install directions and it should work.

0 Likes