Driod mini error: the process andriod.processs.acore has stopped
STACEYCLARKX_SC

I deleted some unused apps from my Droid Mini and now I keep getting this pop-up message "Unfortunately, the process andriod.processs.acore has stopped." After that 'OK' appears.  This error shows up all the time, repeatedly after every click.  I do not have full access to features like when I try to dial a call, send or receive texts or emails. The alerts to tell me how many texts or email, or the number of unread is not accurate as well.   How do I correct this?

0 Likes
Re: Driod mini error: the process andriod.processs.acore has stopped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are all set with your device. I would feel the same way as a customer if my service was not working as it should. To clarify, what kind of phone do you have? What steps have you completed so far regarding error?  JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STACEYCLARKX.SC, making sure your device is working correctly is a priority. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know what type of applications you had removed from your device (pre-loaded, downloads from the app store)? Can you please provide more details on how you do not have access to “dial a call, send or receive texts or emails”? What happens when you try to utilize these features? Did these additional concerns also start to happen when you removed the unused applications?

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
STACEYCLARKX_SC

I do not believe that I removed any pre-loaded apps, just ones that had downloaded from an app store but never used.

When I go to use telephone, email, or text I keep getting the error message incessantly. It is as if the phone no longer recognizes my contacts and their details. At times I try to find an older text or email to reply back to the person. Other times I have to type in their full email or cellphone number to then send my message.  These all happened once I removed some apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STACYCLARKX.SC,

Thanks for the details. It's important to us that your phone is fully functional so you can enjoy your service. Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device? Have you done any recent updates to apps or the OS of the phone? Let's try restarting in safe mode to see if you still receive the error message. https://vz.to/2EEak9r. After that's done, just try it for a few hours and let us know if there are any recurring error messages. 

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STACEYCLARKX_SC

No damages to the phone and I have shut off the phone multiple times. This

does correct readings for number of unread text or email messages

temporarily. Once new messages are received and read, the unread messages

indicator does not correct itself.

The when trying to respond to any type of message or forward an email the

error message pops up repeatedly.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018, 7:11 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
STACEYCLARKX.SC

We appreciate your patience, and troubleshooting efforts. I am most interested in finally resolving this error message as it consistently interrupts the use of your phone. The previous Representative provided you the steps for placing your phone in safe mode, which is much different than powering the phone off.
Were you able to test your phone in safe mode? Here is the link for the steps: http://spr.ly/6588DZUng

What software version are you running on the device? Please click on the link for the steps: http://spr.ly/6589DZUn9

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STACEYCLARKX_SC

I did the Safe Mode suggestion and so far I haven't received the email

message again. I could not access either of the links you sent, that comes

back 'unexpected error has occurred'.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018, 8:31 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

staceyclarkx.sc Knowing you don't get the error when working is Safe Mode is a great start to resolving the issue. The next step is to add back apps one at a time, testing after each one. When you receive the error you will know to remove the app as it's the problem.

DeloresK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STACEYCLARKX_SC

I do not recall all the apps that were deleted.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 3:10 PM doloresk_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes