Driod 3 "sEARCHING FOR SERVICE"
Kat_83

My Droid 3 will go from FULL service to Searching for service, and then i cannot respont to txt and/or make or recieve calls. BUT i can still access the internet and all my applications.  ive restated it... pulled the battery.... did *228 and NOTHING WORKS!!! Please help!!!!!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Driod 3 "sEARCHING FOR SERVICE"
outlaw68

Mine does too, and a lot of other things. The guy at the verizon store said that the phone knows how much signal it needs for you to talk and adjusts accordingly????? which in my case means dropped signal also. I get no bars now in places that I used to get full bars on my other phones. The touch screen is crap too, the whole phone is total crap and I'm stuck with this piece of crap until 6/13...^#^@^$!!#&^@&%!!!.

I advise anyone looking at this phone to beware, IT'S JUNK!!!!!, It is good at nothing. I have noticed Verizon took it out of it's lineup, I guess us poor souls who have one of these awful demon possessed pieces of unholy crappy bloatware loaded garbage piles are out of luck till upgrade time. I honestly have come close twice to taking a hammer too it, it's that bad.

Sorry Kat_3, I know this was no help to you but maybe it will keep someone else from suffering our fate, the only help for you is to drive over it with your car if you can afford to buy another phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, outlaw68-

I'm sorry the device is having signal issues. Does this happen in a specific location or area? When did this begin? I definitely want to help with the touchscreen issues too. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I can assist further.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
outlaw68

It pretty much has been this way from the start, doesn’t matter where you are unless your real close to a tower. It will be showing 4 bars and 3G but as soon as you hit send when calling it drops to 1 bar and 1X and you can’t make the connection. Also you can be holding it and watching the signal it will flash back and forth from full signal to no signal. As far as the touch screen goes it just doesn’t work right, sometimes you have to hit something 4 -5 times before it will accept it. It’s just a very aggravating phone, I have lived in the same place for 14 yrs and have had no issues like this with my Blackberry or DroidX. My stepson still has the DroidX and it still works fine. I think Motorola just threw this Droid3 together to sell more phones without much testing. From what I’ve seen on the internet I’m definitely not the only one with issues and I’m stuck with this thing for another year. Thanks for listening to me complain, but I will be getting an IPhone next go around for sure, no more Motorola for me.

Michael Sheffield

Production Manager

Titan Wheel Corp of VA

Email: mike.sheffield@titan-intl.com<mailto:mike.sheffield@titan-intl.com>

Phone: 276-496-3147

Fax: 276-496-3313

0 Likes
dc88

My wife just got a droid 3 and is having the same problem.  Constantly goes to searching for service.  A reboot will fix it as will toggling airplane mode on and off to reset the antenna.  Very annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I bet it would be annoying to constantly have to go in & out of airplane mode to get the data service to come back to your phone.
Let's go through some troubleshooting steps with the device to make sure it's all set up properly.
First, power it off/on, disable the airplane mode and make sure the data is enabled, enable data saver http://bit.ly/QbzK1q, ensure WiFi is disabled, then clear internet files http://bit.ly/KdNj9i. Then I will need you to enable java script by going to Browser>Menu>More>Settings>Enable Java Script.
Once these steps have been performed, please test the browser to see if you encounter the same problems with it cutting out on you.Keep me posted.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twiter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dc88

Sorry for the late reply...I was out of town.  Thanks for addressing this Tamara, but it is not just data that is having an issue.  It is the cell signal as well.  It just goes to searching for service.  I will try the above steps tonight, to see if it helps though.

0 Likes
rshaw

My Droid Bionic does the same thing.  Always having to put in airplane mode then off airplane mode to get it to reconnect to the tower...this happens every day.  Pulling the battery works too but its a pain.   The customer service tech suggested I pull the battery everyday and clear the cookies and all memory cache every day as well.  Thats a pain since you have to reenter passwords and such for any ecommerce sites I go to.  Love the phone but hate its quirks.

0 Likes