Downloading music from my PC
rforte129626

I am new to the Motorola Droid and although I had a BlackBerry storm before, I find the Droid instruction manual confusing. I had no problems wwith the Storm once I downloaded the desktop manager I could easily download/upload music, photos and video clips. Doing the same with the Droid is **bleep**. It looks like they are just looking to squeeze a few more bucks of you.

Is there anyone here that can help me with the problem trying to upload from my PC to the Droid?

Thanks,

Dick

0 Likes
Re: Downloading music from my PC
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

It's failry simple: First, connect your Droid via the USB cable. Your screen will show "USB Connected". Touch the "Turn on USB storage" tab and touch "OK" on the selection screen. The little Droid icon will turn orange and you will see a screen pop  up on your PC to select/view the phone's folder. ( I'm assuming Windows here, I'm not a Mac user)

Fine your music on your PC, select what you want, and either drag & drop into the phone's music folder or use copy and paste.

After you're done, go to the phone's screen and select "Turn off USB strorage". When the little icon goes back to green you can disconnect safely.

Then, touch your "Music" icon in applications and listen!  That's it.

0 Likes
golconda2

Unfortunately, that does not work on my Win7 machine. I connect the USB directly to my machine, turn on USB storage, and my machine still refuses to recognize the existence of my Droid, so I can't drag-and-drop as I could with my XP machine before it died. Is this a Win7 issue?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

golconda2 wrote:

Unfortunately, that does not work on my Win7 machine. I connect the USB directly to my machine, turn on USB storage, and my machine still refuses to recognize the existence of my Droid, so I can't drag-and-drop as I could with my XP machine before it died. Is this a Win7 issue?

make sure you have the latest dirvers from motorola

make sure your using the factory usb cable

try a diff usb port, on ein back of the pc

0 Likes