Re: Don't buy that Incredible...At least not yet.
quiknss

After five years with AT&T I ditched that company and became a Verizon customer.  My reason for leaving was the exact scenario that I find myself in now.  They were very accommodating with new customers but received less than impressive customer support after upgrading hardware/contract.

If I were in the new customer position and encountered these issues.  I would pull the plug.  Its not worth the heartache or expense of juggling phones just to end up with something you are not happy with and have to keep for two years.  Wait it out, if the quality improves, grab one up.

Hopefully this does not end the way of the Nexus where the company pulls support and recommends you buy a different phone.  Meanwhile leaving all of their existing customers out in the cold.

0 Likes
BGDavison

This not only has the software issues, but increadibly fragile. Mine fell out of my pocket ( a 3 foot drop) and shattered its screen.  I would not sugest buying it EVER!

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Well if HTC is like Blackberry hopefully there will be a small fix for the issue 1 month from release date.  Blackberry Storm 1 (9530); a lot of people were having issues with that and within 1 month of release RIM/Blackberry issued a new OS/fix for it.

So lets hope HTC does too :smileyhappy:

That said you may as well order it now cause the longer you wait the longer it will be delivered.  Heres some examples:

Monday May 10th, Verizonwireless.com says Ship Date May 29th

Wednesday May 12th; dot com says ship date June 1st

Friday May 14th; dot com says ship date June 2nd

Sunday May 16th; dot com say ship date June 7th

0 Likes
Goinnutzs

Reading your post, I take it you are in the military, serving our country. I don't see why Verizon would not give our military personnel TOP PRIORITY. I hope you and the rest of our troops are safe and you get your phone back ASAP. I know that it's some type of comfort have your own phone. If you don't get it soon, I will give you mine. Take care and THANKS for serving our country. Be safe.

0 Likes
quiknss

Thank you.  I always appreciate the support of my community.  Although, I would never expect to be treated any different based on the profession I have chosen.  I think a company should take care of all it's customers as if their industry relied on it.  That being said, it is difficult to live a mobile lifestyle without a mobile phone.

To Itolman, heres to hoping. 

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

BGDavison wrote:

This not only has the software issues, but increadibly fragile. Mine fell out of my pocket ( a 3 foot drop) and shattered its screen.  I would not sugest buying it EVER!

What do you expect? Because i know alot of people with iphones who have had the phone fall less of a distance and the screen shatter. I mean  maybe if you take better care of the phone it would have lasted a little longer. Thats simply your fault not the phones, if u want one that isnt going to break get one of the ruggedized phones!

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Ruggedized?  While certainly one can actually use Verizonwireless.com to compare one phone to another and it will list whether or not it is ruggedized; I will have to disagree on this aspect.

I own a Blackberry Storm 9530; verizonwireless stated a long time ago (cause I dont think you can search for it now) that it wasnt ruggedized; however I have dropped my phone at least a dozen times; thats 12!!! And it has literally dropped on the screen at least 1/3 of the time...thats 4 and not once did the screen break or CRACK.

I still have yet to get my Incredible to check the differences between the two as far as the screen goes but I've had a Storm since November 2008 and never has the screen cracked or broke.

0 Likes
quiknss

Well, the new phone finally arrived.  Unfortunately, I won't be back in town for a few more weeks.  Until then, I get to use the loaner and dream of when I get to crack the box open and play with the old/new phone.  Hopefully this one won't leave me hanging.

0 Likes