Dolphin Browser Issue with Droid
mikeynavy1

I'm just curious.  I'm currently using the Dolphin Browser on my Droid, and love the feature where you can have the cache saved on the SD card instead of the phone.  Unfortunately, I've noticed that as soon as I use the browser, and shut it off, it keeps a service running called BookmarkSyncService.  I can manually shut it off, thus saving 35MB of memory usage, but I can't seem to find any setting in the browser itself to stop using this service.  I don't need my bookmarks sync'd, especially when it is wasting memory.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix...or am I just missing something.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Dolphin Browser Issue with Droid
jsh1120

It's not "wasting memory." If your Droid needs that memory it will take it. I know it's difficult to accept, especially if you've come from an environment where multitasking is not supported, but don't worry about it. If you're using a Windows computer, try looking at your Windows Task manager sometime and look at all those processes out there (in memory) that are "taking up space." They don't matter.

The only time you should worry about running out of memory is when a particular application grows so large that it cannot get the memory it needs. It will fail at that point. This is a relatively common occurrence if you use the Photoshop app on your Droid and try to edit several large photo files.

If it happens, just stop. Kill the application through a task killer or a force close and start again.

0 Likes