Highlighted

Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

Chubbs
Novice
I have heard it does, and I have heard it doesn't. This rumor needs to be put to rest.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

dirkbonn
Sr. Member

Chubbs wrote:
I have heard it does, and I have heard it doesn't. This rumor needs to be put to rest.

It does indeed have Gorilla glass!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

dirkbonn
Sr. Member

Chubbs wrote:
I have heard it does, and I have heard it doesn't. This rumor needs to be put to rest.

It does indeed have Gorilla glass!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

doza13_2kv
Member

I am supper confused now. Does my DX have Gorilla Glass or not? People here are pretty adiment that it is but I just got this email this morning from Motorola. Why the contradictions?

 

"

 Discussion Thread Dear Joshua,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Regarding your concern, the Motorola Droid X doesn't have a gorilla glass screen display.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/ 

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

My Zagg cover I have on there now has a few marrs on it and wondering if its worth replacing it or not. 

Thank you,

Joshua

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

doza13_2kv wrote:

I am supper confused now. Does my DX have Gorilla Glass or not? People here are pretty adiment that it is but I just got this email this morning from Motorola. Why the contradictions?

 

"

 Discussion Thread Dear Joshua,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Regarding your concern, the Motorola Droid X doesn't have a gorilla glass screen display.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/ 

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

My Zagg cover I have on there now has a few marrs on it and wondering if its worth replacing it or not. 

Thank you,

Joshua


 

If you were confused and Motorola gave you the answer that it does not have gorilla glass, why wouldn't that clear up the confusion?

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

crb79
Sr. Member

 


rcschnoor wrote:

doza13_2kv wrote:

I am supper confused now. Does my DX have Gorilla Glass or not? People here are pretty adiment that it is but I just got this email this morning from Motorola. Why the contradictions?

 

"

 Discussion Thread Dear Joshua,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Regarding your concern, the Motorola Droid X doesn't have a gorilla glass screen display.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/ 

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

My Zagg cover I have on there now has a few marrs on it and wondering if its worth replacing it or not. 

Thank you,

Joshua


 

If you were confused and Motorola gave you the answer that it does not have gorilla glass, why wouldn't that clear up the confusion?


Because that person has no idea what they are talking about.  The droid X does indeed have Gorilla Glass.  At one point in time Motorola released a statement that said the Droid X has the same glass as the Droid.  It was also listed on Cornings webpage for a little while.

 

I remember an email response to the Droid X having Gorilla Glass question being replied with the response of: Yes the Droid X will have the Red Eye on the boot screen animation.  The majority of phones released now will have either the Gorilla glass or a similar glass installed.

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

RoyB_VZW
Sr. Member

The Motorola DROID X does in fact have a Gorilla Glass screen. For more info, click here.

 

Thanks, 

0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

Hulk0069
Novice
0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

Hulk0069
Novice
Here an over view how strong droidx screen is whether it has gorilla glass or not....seems as it has it tho...:smileyhappy:
0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

Hulk0069
Novice
0 Likes

Re: Does the DX have Gorilla Glass?

DroidudeAZ
Novice

It definitely has gorilla glass on the main display and, on the back, the camera lens (but not the dual LED flash)  is also gorilla glass. It's funny. I'm from Corning NY, and the company that developed gorilla glass is Corning Inc. 

0 Likes