Does costco rarely get the Droid X in?
Keegan1

I have been wanting this phone since i was able to upgrade and i was going to order a phone online since about the 17th, but wanted to get one from Costco instead because they give you all these accessories that are nice to have. But one thing i noticed was that they rarely ever got any phones in. When i went to costco on the 17th of August they said they were out of phones and had an order that was suppose to come in on the 24th or 25th. On the 25th they still never called me and i went to costco and they said they still havent got any phones in yet.

Now costco is telling me that Verizon wont be getting them any phones until around the 2nd week of September, but yet i hear ppl who order online getting their phone's when ordering by the 19th or even later. So now i feel like i should of ordered the phone online since it seems like people ordering online are getting them before any of the stores are getting them.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or should i expect costco to get phones before the 2nd week of September?

It just seems odd to me that it is taking costco so long to get the phones.

0 Likes
Re: Does costco rarely get the Droid X in?
Droid-X

My local Costco told me they would be getting sime X's in in a few days (2nd week of Aug).  They got 4 phones in on Mon. AM and they were gone soon.  Thats all they get on a delivery.  I decided that the accesory pack wasn't worth waiting for so I ordered my X from Amazon.  I had it 2 days later.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

It would make sense to me, with the backorder of the phones, that Verizon is using the majority of their shipments for the customers that have purchased the phones at a Verizon Wireless store or through their website.  That only seems fair to me to service those customers first before sending phones to 3rd party vendors to sell. 

Again, just my opinion, though.

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

I was at Costco and they put me on their list and said they would call me on the next shipment but never did. I ordered online and am glad I did.

0 Likes
Mjnub1
Best place to get them is target they just started a kiosk there. There exchange policy is much better 120 days you can swap our get a diff phone
0 Likes