Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
pantera1

My experience with my Droid 2 Smart (Dumb) phone has been frustrating.  Besides the required reboots when it stops communicating for now reason and a total replacement due to hardware failure;  now it is dead.  On the 3/3 I received a message that an system update was ready to be installed; responded with OK.  My phone started to boot, but stopped at "Ready to program".  I took it to the Verizon store where the sales lady fiddled around with it; and then said your phone is dead and you welcome to buy a new one.  It is hard to believe they have no backout for delivering a bad update.  Internet posts label this as being a common issue with the Droid.

Does anyone know how to correct this bad update problem?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
Wildman
Legend

Are you sure it was a bad update....  Have you tried doing a Hard Reset?

Hard Reset

From device startup

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

Droid 2 hard reset keys

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

If this doesn't work and you do not have a warranty for replacement, I suggest you search for a SBF for your device and see if that can bring life back to your device.  I can not direct you how to do this but if you Google this you should find what should help..

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
pantera1

Thanks Wildman,

I'll try these steps this weekend.

0 Likes