Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
pantera1

My experience with my Droid 2 Smart (Dumb) phone has been frustrating.  Besides the required reboots when it stops communicating for now reason and a total replacement due to hardware failure;  now it is dead.  On the 3/3 I received a message that an system update was ready to be installed; responded with OK.  My phone started to boot, but stopped at "Ready to program".  I took it to the Verizon store where the sales lady fiddled around with it; and then said your phone is dead and you welcome to buy a new one.  It is hard to believe they have no backout for delivering a bad update.  Internet posts label this as being a common issue with the Droid.

Does anyone know how to correct this bad update problem?

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
Wildman
Legend

Are you sure it was a bad update....  Have you tried doing a Hard Reset?

Hard Reset

From device startup

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

Droid 2 hard reset keys

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

If this doesn't work and you do not have a warranty for replacement, I suggest you search for a SBF for your device and see if that can bring life back to your device.  I can not direct you how to do this but if you Google this you should find what should help..

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to recover a Droid 2 after a bad update?
pantera1

Thanks Wildman,

I'll try these steps this weekend.

0 Likes