Does any Verizon phone allow purchase of songs/Podcasts off COMPUTER like iTunes store??
tturkalo

Love the iPhone, but Verizon didn't get it! Is there an equivalent to iTunes with the Droid, Droid X, etc!!???

0 Likes
Re: Does any Verizon phone allow purchase of songs/Podcasts off COMPUTER like iTunes store??
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Verizon, yes they have rhapshody or however it spells. its 14.99 a month for unlimited songs for up to 3 devices. Theres also apps to dl free mp3s but rhapsody is better, unlimited and clear songs all the time.
0 Likes
Re: Does any Verizon phone allow purchase of songs/Podcasts off COMPUTER like iTunes store??
tturkalo

Thanks, I've heard of that, but iTunes is free (well, you have to pay for songs) but there are lots of podasts. I don't think there's an iTunes equivalent?? I guess that's the big difference. I may go with the iPhone, but haven't heard good things about AT&T.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I know that itunes mp3s will play with the droid, podcast I dont knpow, I think you can but I am not 100% sure. I know you can convert the videos to some format. I have seen itunes movies play on droids before. Itunes is free to browse but not to consume. Rhapshody is 14.99 but you can consume as much media as you want to. The free apps let you download free mp3 also from the android market.
0 Likes
MyScreenName

Found a great little Droid app. called iSyncr ($2.99) that seamlessly syncs any of your iTunes from your desktop (you choose the playlists you want).  Easier for me to purchase from iTunes, then sync to the DroidX than load a purchase program on the phone.

0 Likes
Ender0715

Unless you are trying to listen to a specific song there are several streaming radio's on the market... ie pandora, lastfm, and slacker radio...  and for podcast you can use Google Listen for some of them...  Just a thought

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

on the android market place is a free app called music wizard that allows for free music downloads. then theres double twist another free app that alows you to sync with itunes to move your files to your phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Does any Verizon phone allow purchase of songs/Podcasts off COMPUTER like ITunes store??
sboutin

For podcasts, you can use something like Google Listen.  You subscribe to podcast and they download to your phone over the air.  This way it's a one step process and you don't have to worry about syncing with you PC all the time.  Most (if not all) podcasts available on ITunes you can get direct from where they are published (NPR, etc.).  Check it out.

0 Likes